An adventurous, tight-knit family living on a beautiful 200-acre lakeside property in Guilford, Maine is seeking an energetic, positive, and flexible nanny for their five school-aged children!
This active family recently relocated from the Bay Area to Maine for the foreseeable future to maximize adventure, fun, and family time! Their five children, aged 6, 11, 12, 14, and 17 years old, all get along very well, are loving and kind, and thrive with structure and a firm but loving approach. Their lakeside property is full of adventures from jet skis to hiking to water trampolines, and the family looks forward to future travels once it is safe to do so. The family also has an educator and camp counselor on their team who support the children’s education and activities. They look forward to finding a warm, active, and proactive nanny who can be a positive role model and supportive extra pair of hands for their family!
This position is ideal for a candidate who loves to be on their feet, engaged, and active throughout the day! As the children grow older, the family would love to find a candidate who can be a positive, guiding role model, enforce boundaries in a firm but loving way particularly surrounding safety and each child’s personal responsibilities, and continue to foster their family’s adventurous home environment. Other daily activities will include preparing meals for the kids (including creative ways to introduce more veggies and healthy options into their meals), running occasional errands, and being a proactive set of helping hands. This family values and maintains a clean living environment, meaning no smoking, drinking, or drug use on the property, and will appreciate a candidate who can respect and uphold this value. The schedule will vary depending on the children’s school and holiday schedules, and travel in the future can be expected!
This is a full-time, live-in position. The general schedule will shift depending on the children’s school and holiday hours, and will include 50 hours per week with 2 consecutive days off whenever possible; flexibility will be important. Live-in accommodations include a brand new, private Airstream that includes a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, on the property. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is offering between $30-$40/hour which will equate to $78k-$100k/year depending on experience as well as additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare and PTO. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Interact confidently with active and growing children
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way towards children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Supervise the children’s and engage with and be present physically and mentally
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule
- Travel with the family when needed
- Collaborate with parents and the children’s educator and camp counselor to ensure continuity of care
- Pitch in to various assisting tasks including occasional errands, taking children to appointments, and kindly reinforcing with each child the required personal responsibilities such as tidying
- Prepare healthy, simple meals for the children
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to set boundaries and be a firm yet gentle caregiver
- Flexible to work with travel and schedule changes
- Active and a love for the outdoors and activities
- Ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats
- Passion for healthy living, and ability to abide by a drug/alcohol/smoke-free lifestyle while living on property