A nurturing and supportive family of four is seeking an energetic, flexible, and kind nanny with excellent communication skills to care for their 4-year-old boy and soon-to-be 2-year-old girl. Based in Piedmont, California, they are hoping to find a candidate who is excited to grow alongside them and become a part of their family.
The perfect candidate will be joining this family at an exciting time as their business is taking off and adventures lie ahead. In their own words, they have “a deep love for our family and the people who help our family be happy.” They enjoy working as a team and collaborating, and are looking for an open and honest relationship with their nanny. As their children grow and become more involved in school and other activities, they are placing an emphasis on creative play and healthy living, and are seeking a nanny who can implement fun and enriching activities into their time with the children. Their 4-year-old attends preschool Monday through Friday, their youngest attends only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When they’re not in school, they enjoy spending time outdoors and sharing quality family time.
A candidate who is kind, flexible, organized, and takes pride in their job as a caregiver will thrive in this role. This family holds a deep appreciation for the people who help their home run smoothly, and thus hope for a candidate who has excellent communication skills and initiative and is excited about a long-term role. The children are growing and learning, so a candidate who has early childhood education or tutoring experience and is excited to implement a fun and educational environment will be prioritized.
While the perfect nanny’s main focus will be providing a safe and nurturing environment for their children where they can learn and thrive, the family also hopes to find someone who has family assisting skills and enjoys being organized. While the children are at school, a typical day may include running errands, paying bills, keeping the house organized, managing the children’s schedules, assisting with laundry and dry cleaning, and other child-related household duties. Planning and preparing healthy meals for the children once they come home will be an important part of this role as well. As both dad and mom will be occasionally traveling for business, a candidate who is flexible to care for the children overnight while they are away will be appreciated as well.
This is a full-time live-out position, and the family is hoping to find someone to join their family in mid-December. The typical schedule will land on Mondays through Thursdays; 8 am to 7 pm on Mondays, 11:30 am to 7 pm on Tuesdays, and 7:30 am to 7 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays. A candidate who can take on additional shifts or jump in with overnight care as needed with advanced notice will be appreciated. The family is offering $28-$30 an hour with room to grow and 40 hours guaranteed per week. They are also offering a health insurance stipend, sick days, and paid time off.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Provide overnight and primary care as needed
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends.
- Assist with child-related housekeeping duties and pitch into the overall tidiness of the family environment
- Healthy meal preparation for the children
- Assist with household laundry and dry cleaning
- Run errands for the family while children are in school or as needed
- Family assistant duties on a daily basis when the children are at school
- Maintaining the children’s school and activities schedules
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid US passport
- Experience with staffed homes is appreciated
- Family assistant experience appreciated
- Flexible and excited to travel with the family multiple times throughout the year
- Energetic and playful with the children while being organized, managing schedules, and multi-tasking projects
- Provide some flexibility in schedule to accommodate extra hours or additional shifts as needed
- Candidates with early childhood education, classroom, or tutoring experience will be prioritized