A friendly, energetic, professional family in DUMBO, Brooklyn is seeking a confident, engaged, and team-oriented nanny to care for their 10-month-old baby boy! These native New Yorkers are excited to return home after 3 years abroad and are grateful for a nanny’s support in easing this transition.
This family is friendly, hard-working, and overjoyed to be settling into their Brooklyn home with their son. Having spent three years in London building their business, this family greatly values professionalism, focus, and communication. They are passionate about building strong relationships and look forward to welcoming their nanny into their household with warmth and comradery. Their baby is calm, sweet, and has a voracious appetite! The family practices baby-led weaning so a candidate with patience and creativity during mealtime as their son explores this stage of growth will be key. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and excited to collaborate with the family on sleep conditioning and feeding routines. Their son is already enjoying independent play so a candidate who knows when to encourage this and when to engage in cooperative learning opportunities will thrive in this role. The mother plans to work from home part-time as the family transitions after their move so a step-in and step-out intuition as well as a team spirit throughout the day is crucial.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for researching and engaging in local activities including playdates, park outings, museums, and other community events. A nanny with a pitch-in attitude regarding family assisting duties is important. During naptimes or when the mother is spending time with her son, pitching in to the overall cleanliness of the house and assisting with laundry and other errands will be expected and appreciated. This family values someone proactive who is comfortable with taking charge, planning engaging outings, and staying screen-free while working. The family travels frequently, both domestically and internationally for two weeks or less at a time and looks forward to inviting their nanny to join them! The family has two beloved cats and are looking for a candidate who will be comfortable in their home and around their pets!
This is a full-time, live-out position with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays, 8:30am – 6:30pm with additional opportunities for overtime earnings available with advanced notice. The family is offering a guaranteed 50 hours per week with a competitive hourly range equal to $70k-$75k annually, or $1350-$1450 weekly base, plus additional overtime compensation while traveling or date nights, and a benefits package including healthcare assistance, PTO, and a metrocard. Start date for this position is in March.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, are within a commutable distance to DUMBO, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Focused supervision during meal times at home with knowledge of feeding and sleeping routines
- Pitch-in attitude regarding general upkeep and cleanliness of home
- Step-in and step-out intuition and a collaborative spirit for days when Mom or Dad work from home
- Active engagement and research in local child development classes including playdates, park outings, and other community events
- Organization, professionalism, and adaptability during times of travel and concerning day-to-day routines
- Pet-friendliness with an affinity for cats and an openness to take on light pet-care duties
- High travel availability and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred
- Infant/Child CPR and First-Aid certifications
- Some schedule flexibility for occasional overtime
- While not required, foreign language knowledge (French or Spanish), as well as a driver’s license and passport are a plus!