An active family is seeking an exceptional and creative live-out accredited teacher to home-school their 14-year-old daughter, and help run a bustling and exciting household.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching children with different learning needs and styles. The private educator will primarily work on the Connecticut home school curriculum, in a manner that is fun and engaging. The daughter really enjoys dance creative arts and music, and the family values a nanny with similar creative skills.
The family is looking for an exciting, flexible, organized and experienced educator. Their daughter responds well to confidence, and they would like to find someone who she can relate and look up to as a role model. The parents expect to see a clearly outlined daily schedule with clear objectives, and check in regularly to review progress and challenges. The private educator must have a good work ethic and be inspired to work as a team with the parents. They must also be patient and calm, while still being engaging and determined.
The ideal candidate will be organized, intelligent and interested in personal development. Ideally they will have a creative personal passion of their own that they will be able to share with the family. This family is adventurous and active, and enjoys spending time at their homes in New Mexico, Los Angeles, and their permanent home in Greenwich, Connecticut. This family travels frequently, and is excited to find the perfect candidate who is eager to join them on their adventures.
In addition to educating their daughter, the private educator will equally be responsible for assisting the mother in running their bustling household. This family is very active and social and is looking for an organized and eager candidate to help plan their household events, manage their travel arrangements, and run various household errands. Previous household and personal assisting experience is a bonus, but not required.
The perfect fit for this family will have experience swimming, a valid drivers license, teaching accreditation, and teaching experience.
The schedule is usually Monday-Friday ~40hrs/week, with occasional weekend coverage requested. Time off will be offered for hours worked on the weekends. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
This position is open to all private educators who are accredited teachers, or willing to become a homeschool teacher in the state of Connecticut.
* Developing and teaching homeschool curriculum for the 8th grade
* Working with a dyslexic learner to make lesson plans fun, engaging and effective
* Motivating child in extra-curricular activities and to pitch in around the home
* Help plan and execute administrative duties around the home and run errands for the family
* Plan travel arrangements, and join the family on trips throughout the year
* Providing a safe and loving environment for the child to learn and grow
* Presenting learning objectives and regular reports to the parents in a detailed and organized manner
* Working with parents and the child’s school to develop the best methods of learning
* Be a great role model for the young girl
* At least 4 years professional childcare experience, preferably in an educational environment, working with children with special needs
* Teaching accreditation and teaching references
* Curriculum planning experience
* Experience working with dyslexic learners highly preferred
* Bachelor’s degree + CPR certified
* Positive references detailing team player attitude
* Discreet and comfortable around high profile families