A communicative and loving family based in NYC is seeking a reliable, patient, and proactive nanny to care for their two children, aged 5 and 3 years old!
This laidback and heart-filled family is just settling into their new home on the Upper East Side. Their children are active and have a vibrant schedule of activities throughout their daily routines. Their 5-year-old will be entering kindergarten this year. He is sweet and shy and has some anxiety while warming up to people. He thrives with support, patience, and encouragement. Their 3-year-old is bubbly and outgoing and will be heading into preschool part-time! The whole family enjoys spending time in the summer at their home upstate, and the kids love to swim. The family deeply values open communication and honesty and are hopeful to find a candidate who can be a consistent and calming presence for their children!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive spirit and a balance between professional and compassionate. Patience and understanding is key when spending time with their 5-year-old, and a loving, fun-filled approach to each day’s activities is valued! Mom works from home on occasion though enjoys providing full autonomy for her caregiver. Pitching in with the overall tidiness of the home, running occasional errands, and preparing meals for the children (while being conscious of tree nut and peanut allergies) will be appreciated. The family hopes to find a candidate who values communication and transparency as much as they do and can be an enriching and inspiring support for their children!
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40 to 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays with hours communicated in advance. Typically hours will fall from 11am-7pm during the school year and 9am-6pm during school breaks. They are offering $30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, sick days, and a public transportation pass. The position will begin as soon as they find the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Interact positively and patiently with active, curious children
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way toward children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the children
- Manage schedules and plan enriching activities beyond basic care
- Travel with the family on occasion
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home
- Various household tasks including running occasional errands and grocery shopping
- Prepare healthy meals for the children being mindful of peanut and tree nut allergies
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Able to be positive and patient when setting boundaries
- Professional, honest, and communicative
- Confident swimming skills and comfortable with children in and around water
- Proactive and organized