A down-to-earth, worldly family on the Upper East Side in NYC is seeking a creative, collaborative, and multi-talented nanny to care for their 1.5 and 7-year-old boys. Relocation candidates welcome!
This family of four is passionate about culture and the arts and are thus thriving in NYC. The family is very active in their careers and have worked hard to create a home environment where they can make the most out of their family time with one another. They are eager to raise their children to be open-minded individuals with global awareness and creativity. Their 7-year-old is currently distance learning, is very self-sufficient, and enjoys reading, creating art, and visiting local museums. Their 16-month-old is active and spirited, ready for any fun-filled activity! Both parents are currently working from home due to the pandemic, but are expecting to return to their offices when safe. This family is hopeful to find a true team player who is equally excited to play outside with their toddler as they are to delve into an art museum.
This position is ideal for a professional, collaborative, and creative candidate who considers themselves a lifelong learner. The role will primarily focus on providing support for their 1.5-year-old, though a candidate who can offer educational support and check-ins with their older sibling will be important and valued. The family hopes for a nanny who can join them in immersing their children in the arts, academics, and culture, and would be thrilled to see their children going on excursions to museums and partaking in developmentally-minded activities in the park. Candidates who have previous experience working with toddler through elementary-aged children and in fully-staffed homes will acclimate quickly to working with this all-hands-on-deck team. Travel can be expected in the future when it is safe to do so, both domestically and internationally.
This is a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 60 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 7am to 7pm. Flexibility to travel safely with the family will be important. Live-in accommodations include a separate bedroom and en-suite bathroom for the candidate in a spacious home with plenty of room for privacy. The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $1650-$1750/week in addition to full-coverage health, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, use of the family’s driver, and assistance with relocation, and some opportunities for overtime. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who have at least 5 years of professional, full-time childcare experience. This family is able to consider relocation candidates from all around the world for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Oversee children’s menu with the chef to plan healthy organic meals for the week
- Engage the children in creative, educational outings and at-home activities, including but not limited to the gym, local parks, and museum and art gallery visits
- Provide support as needed for distance learning, collaborating with parents, teachers, tutors, and the children to make sure educational milestones are being met
- Work as a kind and cohesive member of the home’s staff
- Accompany the children with their driver to various activities as needed
- Provide assistance while traveling with the family, including planning activities during transit, packing for the children, booking travel and reservations, and being a flexible and fun person to bring along!
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- At least 5 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid passport
- Knowledgeable about each childhood developmental stage and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is highly preferred
- A positive team-player attitude; experience working in staffed homes a plus!
- Flexibility to travel domestically or internationally when it is safe to do so
- Bright, driven and confident working both as part of a professional household team and independently