**Details Updated 5/6/21** A kind, laid-back family based in southern CT is seeking an upbeat, enthusiastic, and organized nanny to join their caregiving team!
This busy, loving family (and their two sweet dogs!) is conscientious and deeply values the members of their household team and value their happiness. Their current nanny has been with the family for 6 years now! Their four children are an infant, toddler, and two elementary-aged children, so their home is bustling and full of love, fun, and many moving pieces. They are sweet children who love all sorts of activities from arts and crafts to outdoor games, and their parents are raising them to value kindness and honesty. Their two oldest children attend school during the week and have separate drop offs which are tag-teamed between nannies and parents. They are interested in adding two full-time nannies to their team to work overlapping schedules to ensure their children have loving, dedicated care throughout the week and on upcoming trips!
This position is ideal for a candidate who thrives in a home with many moving pieces and is at their best when they’re able to bring support and structure to a bustling environment, setting children up to thrive. This family and their team have an it-takes-a-village mentality to ensure collaboration in day-to-day care by partnering with parents and other care providers to divide and conquer the day. Comfortability supporting multiple children at one time will be key, though the candidate will not often be full-charge of all four kiddos at one time. While the two oldest are in school the role will focus on their two youngest children alongside the family’s NCS who will be staying to provide support until their infant is at least 1-year-old. A candidate who has an eye for organization and tidiness, is happy to help out with general household tasks like kids’ laundry, healthy meal prep for the kids, taking on organizational projects, and other tasks that make this bustling home run smoothly will be greatly appreciated. The family travels on small trips throughout the year and spends many of their winter weekends going back and forth to their home in south Florida; they hope for a nanny who would be excited to travel with them!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week. The family is seeking to fill two roles/schedules that will work in tandem. Flexibility for additional days/hours and travel are a must and greatly appreciated (Please note that the family is excited to fill both schedules and will be prioritizing Schedule A).
- Schedule A: Wednesday through Sunday from 8am to 6pm.
- Schedule B: Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Separate accommodations provided for any travel.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35-$40+/hr, with benefits including a healthcare stipend, matching 401k contributions, relocation assistance, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Though not required, driving ability is highly preferred, and a vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Provide a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Provide reliable transportation to and from activities
- Collaborate with parents and caregiving team to ensure continuity of care
- Travel with the family throughout the year
- Pitch in with child-related household tasks including meal prep, laundry, and tidying
- Proactively jump in to assist with organizational projects, calendar management, and other various family assisting tasks as needed
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Experienced and comfortable working with multiple children in a role
- Collaborative and team-oriented, comfortable dividing and conquering the day with parents and a caregiving team
- Comfortable and excited to wear multiple hats and work on a dynamic team
- Flexible and able to travel with the family as it is safe to do so
- Willingness to mirror the family’s COVID safety protocols
- Comfortable working in a home with nice dogs!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!