An adventurous, active, and loving family who splits their time between San Francisco and Santa Cruz is seeking a travel-ready, joyful, and creative nanny to care for their 6-month-old boy. This family loves to travel the world and is excited to find a nanny who is ready for adventure!
As a family with many passions who is often on the go, throughout the year they may be found skiing the mountains in Colorado, surfing in Hawaii or Fiji, taking a last minute trip to Nantucket, or exploring New Zealand. Both parents are entrepreneurs who are actively in the process of introducing more flexibility into their schedules in order to maximize family time and exciting adventures. While dad works in the city and mom remotely, they look forward to finding an autonomous, confident nanny who can take charge in implementing, creative, developmentally-minded, active, and fun activities for their son.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive, energetic, and creative spirit who is passionate about engaging enthusiastically with their nanny children. As their son is incredibly curious, active, and receptive to the moods of those around him, the family is excited to find a nanny who loves teaching children new skills or providing them with new experiences. A love for the outdoors and an active lifestyle will go a long way in this role as this family loves to explore! Experience with newborns and traveling is key along with an in-depth knowledge of developmental milestones to assist in bolstering their son’s love to learn.
Though mom and dad currently take care of most admin needs for the family, they are happy to introduce personal assisting duties to the right candidate. Preparing healthy, age-appropriate meals for their son will also be appreciated as he transitions to solids. A flexible, adaptable, and go-with-the-flow mentality will come in handy as this family transitions into their new work-life balance. The family currently splits their time between Santa Cruz and San Francisco and expects to shift their home base to Santa Cruz over time as their family grows.
This is a full-time, live-out schedule with hours generally falling from 9 am to 5 or 6pm. Start and end times are negotiable as mom’s work schedule is flexible. Having the flexibility to provide coverage in both San Francisco and Santa Cruz is essential; accommodations can be provided in Santa Cruz or San Francisco1-2 nights per week to avoid long commutes. Flexibility to provide occasional date night coverage as well as to travel frequently with the family throughout the year will be expected and appreciated. The family is offering $30/hour and benefits like PPTOand health care assistance for the right candidate They are excited to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. The family will be prioritizing candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or higher at this time. They are happy to consider relocation candidates. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Supervise morning, afternoon, and evening feeding and rest routines
- Supervise children’s activities at all times – engage with and be present physically and mentally
- Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care including singing, creative age-appropriate educational activities, outings and adventures, playing sports, and taking fun nature walks!
- Travel frequently with the family and use the world as your classroom
- Assist with additional tasks as directed by the parents
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Flexible and willing to travel frequently both internationally and domestically
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience with infants and a knowledge of developmental milestones
- Experience traveling with families as a nanny
- A bright, positive, joyful, engaging, energetic spirit
- A passion for engaging with children and encouraging their curiosity, development, and interests