A friendly, collaborative family based in Nashville, TN is seeking an adaptable, kind, communicative live-in nanny to care for their 2.5-year-old, 1-year-old, and newborn expected in April 2020!
This family has a large and loving extended family that they enjoy spending time with throughout the year! They typically spend several weeks of the winter in Palm Beach and summers in Locust Valley, NY. Their two young children are very sociable and love the outdoors, especially swimming, and are excited to invite their new sibling to the family next spring (the family will have an NCS to support their newborn). While in Nashville they each attend preschool part-time. The family deeply values collaboration and have fostered a team player environment in their home. They are currently renovating their new Nashville home which will be ready in 6 months!
The ideal candidate for this position will be collaborative and open to working as a team with mom and dad, able to tag-team the day or be an autonomous caregiver when needed! A candidate who can be even-keeled, proactive, and has a positive, grounded approach when the day to day has many moving pieces will thrive in this role. Being flexible to pitch in with light tidying, meal prep, running errands, and providing occasional date night coverage will be valued! The family enjoys spending a lot of their free time at a country club while in NY and FL where the kids love to swim and explore. Excellent driving and swimming skills are key. A candidate who can be mom’s right-hand person, easy to communicate with, and ready to be a team player will feel right at home in this position.
This is a full-time, live-in position of 40-50 hours per week. Live-in accommodations at the family’s permanent resident include a separate 2-bedroom cottage on the family’s property. A private bedroom and en-suite bath are provided in their rental home as they await their home’s renovations to be completed. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 6pm, with flexibility for occasional date nights appreciated. Driving will be required and a vehicle will be provided for both professional and personal use. The family is offering $30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as PTO. They hope to find their perfect candidate as soon as possible for at least a 2-year commitment if not longer!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Supervise timely and safe pick-up and drop-offs at school and other extracurricular activities
- Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Work collaboratively with the family and team to provide consistency of care and support the home
- Pitch in to light household duties such as tidying, organizing closets, running errands, etc.
- Prepare bottles and meals for the children and pitch in with family meal prep
- Support a varying daily schedule and become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Excellent swimming skills and comfortability with children in and around water
- Step in and step out intuition
- Ability to take direction and adapt to the family’s needs and preferences
- Flexible and able to travel with the family and provide occasional date night coverage
- No visible tattoos or tattoos that can be easily covered with a bathing suit