An inspiring and caring NYC family of five children (ages 2-8) is seeking a joyful, proactive, and collaborative private educator to become a key member of their children’s educational experience! They are excited to bring an educational expert onboard – preferably with a Bank Street or Project-Based Learning background. The ideal candidate will create consistency in schedule, design thoughtful and creative after school activities, and ensure that school objectives and learning goals are carried through in the home setting and also while traveling.
These energetic, hardworking parents are passionate about providing their children with every opportunity to learn! They love exploring different environments and immersing themselves in diverse cultures to enhance their children’s growth and empathy. Their home, household staff, and nanny staff exude teamwork and collaboration, and longevity is highly valued. The family is excited to add a private educator to their team who can maintain the thoughtful home environment they’ve created while bridging the educational transition between school, home, and travel. The ideal candidate can further steer the ship in establishing and managing the overall household routine and rhythm while supporting the children’s growth and development in consistent, warm, and thoughtful ways.
The family is looking for someone who is joyful, enthusiastic, kind-hearted, and professional. A bachelor’s degree in education is required, and a master’s degree in education is considered a big plus! Partnering with the children’s school will be a key element of this role. The family travels frequently throughout the year and hopes this private educator will be eager to join them (and their nanny team) and take their lessons and learning on the road! Fluency and/or the ability to teach Hebrew is highly preferred, but not required.
This is a full-time, live-out position with a general schedule of Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. The family is happy to discuss and adjust the schedule as the position evolves. In addition, there will be many opportunities to see the world and travel with the family both internationally and domestically throughout the year for a total of 4-6 months annually. The family is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package and actively interviewing now!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid passport, and have a background in elementary education and/or experience as a classroom or private educator. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Stimulate the children’s learning by curating minded, fun-filled after-school activities and during extended travel
- Partner with parents, school faculty, and an instructional support team to ensure educational consistency
- Support the children’s math and literacy development
- See through the preparation and implementation of lesson plans during travel
- Provide a balance of structure and whimsy for the children’s day to day routine that complements those of the school environment and supports a sense of autonomy and empowerment
- Travel both domestically and internationally with the family throughout the year
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or higher
- Experience with Bank Street or Project-Based Learning pedagogies is preferred
- Knowledge and/or literacy in Hebrew appreciated!
- Background in elementary education and/or classroom or private teaching
- Travel experience
- Experience working with multiple children
- A joyful, fun spirit!