A close-knit family based in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a patient, hands-on, and experienced private educator in primarily supporting their 9-year-old son!
Based in the Pacific Palisades area of LA, this family loves to spend time together and experience new things with one another, including frequent visits to their home near Palm Springs, CA and traveling both domestically and internationally when safe to do so! Their home fosters an inquisitive, enriching environment where everyone loves to learn. This position will mainly focus on supporting the education of their 9-year-old son (currently 3rd grade) who has ADHD. This child is very bright and is thriving outside of the standard school system with project-based-focused learning. He is benefitting from a firm yet gently guiding hand to keep him focused and loving school. This educator will collaborate with the parents to create a custom-tailored curriculum that balances both their son’s learning style, while also meeting state requirements.
This position is ideal for an experienced, licensed/credentialed educator who enjoys thinking creatively and outside of the box! Experience working with different learning needs is very important to the family, as well as a passion for project-based learning. A candidate who is active, likes to break up the school day by playing outdoors, and brings high energy engagement to the role will be key. Someone who sees challenges as opportunities for growth and development will thrive in this position. Please note that, while the main focus of this role will be on teaching and supporting the family’s son, providing some academic support to their younger daughters who are enrolled in an independent school (currently in 2nd grade and pre-K) on an as-needed basis will also be expected.
- Hours/Schedule: Full time guaranteed hours, with working hours generally falling on Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 3pm. Flexibility for additional hours and travel is required.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in or live-out depending on candidate and family preference. A private room will always be provided when traveling.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $83,000-104,000+/year depending on experience in addition to contributions to healthcare costs, 8 weeks of paid time off, and relocation assistance as applicable.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit and is expected to continue for the remainder of this academic year and at least through the 2021-2022 school year. Some summer work may be required. Preference will be given to a candidate who is interested in evolving with the role long-term.
- Collaborate with the parents to create a custom-tailored curriculum that balances both their son’s learning style, while also meeting state requirements.
- Supplement the children’s provided curriculum with hands-on, inspiring learning experiences with an emphasis on project-based learning
- Ensure educational milestones are being met; hold regular check-ins to discuss long-term and short-term educational goals
- Utilize student-led learning approaches that inspire curiosity, a love for learning, and educational independence, while still providing a structured, productive environment
- Travel with the family and adapt curriculum utilizing the travel itinerary and destinations
- Be a supportive teacher and well-rounded role model to encourage the growth of the children as a whole
- At least 3 years of professional teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool environment
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Applicable recent elementary classroom experience with pre-K-4th grade level students
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field
- Teaching credential(s) in California, or the ability to quickly become credentialed in the State of California, is mandatory. For information on license reciprocity in California, please review the following website: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/out-of-state-ged
- Experience with and passion for project-based learning
- Experience working with different learning needs, such as ADD/ADHD and visual processing disorders
- Flexibility to travel
- COVID-conscious and willing to take necessary precautions to protect self and family
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!