**Details Updated 10/15/21** A passionate, travel-loving family that splits their time between Arkansas, Texas, Colorado, and beyond is seeking an experienced, kind, and dedicated nanny to join the team in caring for their preschooler and infant!
With their home base in a lovely, bustling city in northwest Arkansas, this family has a mobile lifestyle and loves to travel as much as they can, especially to New York, Aspen, CO and Austin, TX! The family travels regularly domestically, along with 1-2 longer international excursions each year. They have a screen-free environment in their home, so wherever they are, they make sure to go sightseeing, head out on a hike, go on a bike ride, or play outside with their sweet black lab. Their toddler attends a Montessori preschool, while their infant is happy and lovable! The family has assembled a hardworking, creative, and loyal team that values health and wellness for everyone. They are seeking an additional nanny to join their team (including an Adventure Nanny!) and be a strong pillar of support, helping their children grow into curious, caring, respectful children.
This position is ideal for a candidate with a strong foundation of childcare experience and considers themselves a career nanny. They would love to work with a candidate who is passionate about developing a love for learning, independence, and emotional growth in young children, and can bring their own special flair and experience to the role. A nanny who enthusiastically brings their life experience and worldly perspective to the role, and ideally a skillset or expertise in a specific subject matter (such as a second language, musical background, experience as a teacher or in another industry, or has been a world traveler) will be a valued addition to this exceptional childcare team.The family hopes to work with a nanny who can be a role model to their children, from getting out into the great outdoors with an active, healthy lifestyle to treating others with respect. A passion for travel, adventure, and outdoor activities is welcomed and encouraged in this family! Flexibility will go a long way as the family hopes to work together with their childcare team to create a schedule that works well for everyone. Willingness to jump in with sole care and/or provide longer coverage while the parents travel alone will be expected and appreciated; the family is eager to create and maintain a healthy work-life balance for their team and offer time off in conjunction with longer stretches of on or travel time. A collaborative candidate with excellent communication skills, who enjoys working on a team, and has an all-hands-on-deck spirit, will fit in seamlessly with this caring and inclusive household team.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, averaging 40-60hrs/week. The schedule will vary from week to week based on the family’s needs and travel itinerary, with as much advanced notice given as possible. Flexibility for overnights, additional hours during travel, and to collaborate with the parents and nanny team on a schedule that works well for all parties will be key. The family truly values work-life balance and provides generous PTO to compensate for this scheduling flexibility.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in or live-out. If live-in, accommodations include a separate mother-in-law suite in the family’s home. Private nanny accommodations will be provided while traveling.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering an hourly rate that equates to $90-$120+k/year (~$30-40/hour) based on the weekly schedule, candidate background, and live-in or live-out status. Other benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, matching 401k contributions, relocation assistance, generous PTO, holidays, and sick days.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Create a nurturing and stimulating environment for children to grow and thrive
- In partnership with parents, instill good manners and a sense of responsibility in
- Plan and prepare fresh and healthy meals for the children (no extensive cooking)
- Plan and execute age-appropriate activities, e.g. swim lessons, zoo/museum visits, storytime, etc.
- Travel with the family throughout the year as needed
- Provide sole care coverage as needed
- Pitch in with various child-related household tasks
- At least 5 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience working with both infants and toddlers, and expert familiarity with developmental milestones
- Brings a worldly perspective and/or dynamic skillset to the role (i.e. a second language, musical background, experience as a teacher or in another industry, or has been a world traveler)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred though not required
- Able to pass an extensive background check upon conditional hire, within applicable law
- Flexible and willing to adjust to schedule changes and to travel with the family frequently throughout the year, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and step in/out intuition
- Love for the outdoors and a passion for an active, healthy lifestyle
- Dog friendly!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws, and ability and willingness to follow the family’s best practice COVID safety protocols