A friendly, active, fun-filled family of five is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and playful nanny to join them as they grow to a family of six! Based in Palo Alto, CA, their four children, aged 9, 6, 2 and one-month-old.
The core of this dynamic and hardworking family’s lifestyle is stimulating the growth and development of their independent children, inspiring their creativity and interests, and encouraging exploration! They have found their children to be happy, energetic self-starters with imaginative spirits, always ready to invent a fun game and activity. The kids are fluent in English, Mandarin and Danish, partake in all sorts of after-school activities, and are screen free. Family is priority number one in this home, and they are ready to welcome a helping hand so they can continue focusing on their time with one another.
The ideal candidate for this position will be active, collaborative, exuberant, fun-loving, and able to multi-task and go with the flow. A creative and imaginative mind will come in handy when coming up with fun, enriching activities for the children, both inside and outside of the home. The family hopes to find a candidate who is open-minded and intelligent, excited to leave no rock unturned in ensuring their children’s love to learn. Assisting with morning and after-school routines and driving the children to and from school and their various activities will be a large part of this role, along with an energetic spirit to engage the children throughout the day. They also hope for a nanny with a collaborative mindset to work as a team alongside their devoted full-time mom, especially as she focuses on caring for her newborn. Pitching in with light household duties such as making snacks for the kids, running occasional errands, and pitching in to the overall tidiness of the home (while encouraging the kids to do the same!) will be appreciated.
This is a full-time, live-in or live-out position based in Palo Alto, CA. The family is happy to consider relocation candidates at this time! The family is guaranteeing 40-45 hours per week with shifts falling on Wednesday through Sunday mornings with occasional split shift days. Flexibility for shifting schedules and to occasionally travel to exciting places throughout the year will be appreciated. The family is offering $30+/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare and 401k contributions. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. They hope to find the perfect nanny to join their family as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Transporting children to and from school and activities
- Assist with morning and afternoon/evening routines
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic care and with attention to zero screen time
- Plan local outings and adventures for the children
- Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Provide homework assistance and help foster childhood learning
- Assist in keeping the home neat and tidy and encourage children to pitch in with household duties
- Light household duties including preparing snacks, children’s laundry, occasional errands, and general tidiness
- Travel occasionally with the family
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Experience working with multiple children at a time
- Experience traveling with families
- Candidates with an Associate’s degree or higher will be prioritized
- Knowledge of other languages (especially Mandarin or Danish) will be a huge bonus!
- Go with the flow mentality, flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- A collaborative, team spirit
- Abililty to stay energized and engaged with the children throughout the day
- An open-minded and creative outlook, able to engage in new, fun, and enriching topics and activities
- A sense of humor and ability to be silly!