A dynamic family based in the beautiful Bay Area is seeking an organized, flexible, and career-driven nanny/family assistant to support their household and two school-aged children!
Currently based in Kensington, CA this family, along with their small, friendly dog, and is looking forward to relocating to nearby Berkeley in 2021! They have four properties, love to travel, and enjoy spending a large amount of time in the Bay Area, Lake Tahoe, and Long Island, NY. Their 13 and 7-year-old will be distance learning for a portion of the school year before resuming in-school education when it becomes safe to do so. The family is hoping to find a candidate who is self-sufficient, hardworking, and eager to leverage their skill set and grow into this multi-faceted role for years to come.
This position is ideal for a candidate with a background in nannying, who genuinely enjoys working with kids, and has aspirations to grow into a household manager role! The heart of this role is supporting this family’s home as a whole, including assisting the kids while they’re distance learning, liaising with their school, teachers, and coaches, and managing their schedules. The role will grow over time to include various personal assisting tasks such as running errands, calendar and mail/email management, and event and travel coordination, as well as household support such as inventory management, coordinating vendors and maintenance, and managing the staff’s schedules. This family assistant will truly be the beam of the support in this team-oriented, loving family home; a candidate who is career-driven, flexible to adjust to varying daily routines, and enjoys wearing multiple hats will thrive in this role long-term!
This is a full-time live-in or live-out position guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. Flexibility for a varying schedule and travel with advanced notice as well as occasional evening and weekend coverage will be appreciated If live-in, accommodations include a separate apartment on the family’s property with the option to live-in either full-time or solely while on duty. The family is offering $40+/hour in addition to a healthcare stipend, PTO, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role as well as a reliable vehicle. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Support the children while distance learning, providing homework assistance as needed
- Liaise with the children’s school, coaches, tutors, etc.
- Transport the children to and from school, after school activities, outings, playdates, etc.
- Manage the children’s and the family’s calendars
- Various personal assisting tasks including but not limited to: managing calendars, mail/email management, light pet care, errands, event and travel coordination/planning, and meal prep for the children
- Various household management tasks including but not limited to: inventory management, creating a household manual, coordinating vendors and maintenance, overseeing the household staff, etc.
- Travel with the family and provide support as needed or manage the household while the family travels alone
- 3+ years of professional, full-time experience working in private homes
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and excellent communication skills
- Desire for longevity and to grow into a household management role
- Flexible to adjust to varying daily routines and to travel with the family as needed
- Genuine enjoyment for working with children
- Tech-savvy, able to utilize Google Suite, create spreadsheets, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Self-sufficient and driven
- Dog friendly!