A dynamic, travel-ready family that will soon be splitting their time between Minneapolis, Upstate NY, and Boston, is seeking a flexible, professional, and engaging infant-focused nanny to care for their newborn expected in September and occasionally their 3-year-old too!
This hardworking family is currently based in Minneapolis, MN, and are in the process of making upstate NY their second residence. These bustling, professional parents run their own business together and predominantly work from their home offices. They travel often and safely as a family, whether it be a short road trip to enjoy the countryside, or a multi-week international trip once it is safe to do so. The family deeply values time spent with one another and friends, education, and broadening their worldview through travel and culture. They have passionately created an environment for their children that encourages curiosity and open-mindedness and have a mostly screen-free home. Their 3-year-old has a wonderful sense of humor, loves to socialize, and enjoys both listening to and playing music (Louis Armstrong, Johnny Cash and June Carter are top favorites)! Pre-pandemic, she participated in enriching classes throughout the week, such as Waldorf, music, and gymnastics, or interactive events at the museum. The family has a fully staffed home and a dynamic work and travel schedule. They are excited to find a co-nanny for their children who has a love for infants and toddlers and can focus primarily on caring for the baby.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is adaptable and flexible, ready for adventure, and thrives when working in a dynamic work environment. The family anticipates splitting their time between Upstate NY, Minneapolis, and Boston, and look forward to returning to their adventurous travel schedule once the pandemic ends. A strong sense of professionalism, step in and step out intuition, and a true dedication to providing well-rounded, attentive, and enriching childcare are key! The family is thrilled to welcome a nanny who is energized by an on-the-go lifestyle and will be focused on their children’s happiness, education, and overall growth. An infant-focused nanny who derives great joy from being an extra set of helping hands and contributes a calming presence will thrive in this role.
This family is also seeking a private educator for their family! If interested, please find the details here: Resourceful Educator Needed For Travel-Ready MN/NY/MA Family
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week. The schedule will vary depending on the family’s travel and work schedules, and thus flexibility is key. The family and childcare team work collaboratively and typically create the tentative schedule at least a month in advance. They deeply value work-life balance and will ensure two consecutive days off per week whenever possible.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in, with private, separate accommodations provided wherever the family is located. Accommodations in Minneapolis include a 1500sq foot apartment that is shared with another staff member.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-$40/hour depending on experience, as well as a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k contributions, relocation assistance, 20 days of PTO annually, sick days, and paid volunteer opportunities.
- Start Date: The position will begin in August 2021. The family can be flexible for the perfect candidate.
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Research and engage in developmental opportunities both locally and while traveling such as playdates, museum visits, park outings, music & art classes, swimming, community events, and more, being mindful of COVID precautions
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals and promote positive learning methods and emotional intelligence
- Maintain flexibility for the family’s dynamic schedule and frequent travel
- Pitch-in with childcare related and household duties maintaining a team-oriented attitude with the nanny team
- Foster an educationally stimulating and emotionally nurturing environment throughout the day-to-day that support the child’s overall growth and happiness
- Provide light pet care for the family’s sweet, gentle dog as needed
- Assist with trip preparations including researching destinations and packing luggage
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for newborns, infants, and toddlers
- Passion for child development and a proactive approach to implementing age appropriate, enriching activities
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to travel itineraries and shifting schedules
- Strong swimming skills and comfortable caring for children in/around water
- Nutrition-oriented and able to prepare healthy, basic meals
- Candidates seeking a long-term role will be prioritized
- Candidate must be willing and able to comply with the families COVID-19 safety protocols and open to vaccination when it becomes available
- Mandarin fluency or knowledge is a huge plus, but not required!
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!