A warm, on-the-go family based in Palo Alto is seeking a devoted, positive, gentle, and proactive nanny to support them and their four children, aged 9, 8, 4, and 1 year old.
There is a lot of love to go around in this bustling household. The family deeply values their time spent together and encourages their children to explore their interests. Their oldest son has recently been diagnosed with an illness and the family is currently splitting their time between Palo Alto and Seattle, where he is undergoing treatment. They look forward to finding a nanny who can jump in and devote themselves to supporting their family as they continue to learn more about his diagnosis.
The ideal candidate for this position will be enthusiastic, organized, engaged, and a true self-starter. A positive spirit and creative mindset will go far in this role! The family hopes to find a candidate who is ready to jump right in and be autonomous in their role, allowing the family to prioritize their time together. Assisting with household and administrative duties both when the family is at their main residence and while they are traveling will be greatly appreciated. A candidate who has experience with all age groups and who is excited to be a positive role model as they grow will fit seamlessly into this role.
This is a full-time, live-out position based in Palo Alto, CA. The schedule will be 40-50 hours per week, falling on Thursdays through Sundays, and traveling to Seattle with the family during this time. The family is offering $30-$40/hour as well as assistance with health care, paid time off, and sick days. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is happy to consider either long-term candidates or temporary candidates who are able to make a 6-month commitment. They hope to find the perfect nanny by the end of March 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the children
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the family’s environment
- Prepare healthy, nutritious meals for the children
- Help plan and execute administrative duties around the home and run errands for the family
- Assist with additional tasks as directed by the parents
- Flexibility to travel with the family
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or higher will be prioritized
- Experience working with children of all ages
- Family assisting experience
- Experience traveling with families
- A self-starter mindset and ability to take initiative without direction
- A positive, upbeat spirit
- Organized, proactive, professional, tidy, and flexible
- An open mind to grow alongside the family as the role evolves