**Details Updated 10/1/21** A dynamic family of five based in the Bay Area is seeking a flexible and enriching nanny to join their childcare team!
Based on the beautiful peninsula of the Bay Area, these loving, professional parents are looking for someone who is energetic, flexible, and adventurous for their three young children (ages 6 and under) and in a travel-friendly lifestyle. All three children have been attending a Montessori homeschool program that they are eager to extend into their travels this upcoming year both internationally and domestically (the family typically spends 4-8 weeks in each exciting destination). The family is passionate about instilling individuality and self-sufficiency in their children and identifying and driving developmentally-enriching activities for each. This return Adventure Nannies family is excited to find a passionate nanny to join their dream team of caregivers (inclusive of several Adventure Nannies!), to join them on their travels, and to enrich their children’s day-to-day routines and education.
This position is ideal for a travel-ready candidate who is extremely flexible and adaptable to schedule and itinerary changes and ready to roll with the punches! A passion for child development and a proactive approach to implementing developmentally-enriching activities will be essential. Though a background in Montessori is a plus, their Montessori teacher will be happy to train their team in the Montessori approach. This role on their childcare team will most often include assisting with afternoon homeschool, afternoon/evening routines on weekdays, and fun-filled morning through evening routines during the weekends (often partnering with another nanny). Responsibilities will include assisting with all things child-related, from transportation and scheduling to tidying and preparing meals for the kids. On some occasions, one nanny will travel with the family, while the other nanny handles a variety of family assistant tasks, such as traveling ahead of the family to the next destination to get things ready, packing and unpacking, or managing and stocking household supplies at the Bay Area residence. Flexibility to collaborate alongside other nannies (including from other families) to plan and carry out activities for children will be appreciated as well. Excellent communication skills will be essential to work in collaboration with this tight-knit family and caregiving team!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40hours/week. A high level of flexibility is key and the team will work together to ensure the family and nanny team have coverage and support while traveling and at home. A sample schedule includes Mondays through Wednesdays from 12pm to 6pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 6pm (Thursdays & Fridays off). The family always offers 2 days off weekly, unless a candidate wants to work more.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out, with $2,500/month housing stipend provided. Private accommodations provided while traveling.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35-$40+/hour in addition to benefits including a daily travel stipend, monthly QSEHRA healthcare reimbursement, housing stipend, relocation assistance, and 15 days PTO resulting in a full compensation package in the $125-135+k/year range for the perfect applicant.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is seeking a 1-year commitment, with the option for contract renewal. They’d love to find a long-term candidate!
- Create an enriching, stimulating, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Identify and drive developmentally enriching activities with the kids
- Foster an environment of independence and self-sufficiency
- Provide coverage for a mixture between 1 to 5 children at a time
- Manage various child-led activities such as reading, crafts, science/art/music projects, outdoor explorations and hikes, and more! We spend a lot of time outdoors so someone
- Assist with child-related transportation and accompany kids to activities as needed
- Assist with coordination of child scheduling and logistics
- Stay in frequent communication with parents on developmental updates and childcare planning
- Work closely with the childcare team and parents to ensure continuity of care
- Child-related assisting tasks including meal prep, tidying, and organizing
- Provide various family assisting tasks as needed
- Occasionally travel ahead of the family to prepare the next destination, or stay behind to wrap up the previous destination
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to commit to approximately a 1-year contract and travel for extended periods of time (up to 50% of the year)
- Outdoorsy and ready for outdoor adventure; comfortability driving in mountains and snow is valued
- Warm, nurturing, and firm approach to childcare and development
- High level of flexibility to adapt to frequent schedule and itinerary changes
- Ability to articulate child development goals and methods
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Both a background in Montessori and Mandarin knowledge are huge pluses!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!