A bustling, dynamic family based in SoHo, New York City is seeking a creative, experienced, and French-fluent nanny to join their household team and care for their 5 and 2.5-year-old children!
These hardworking, dual-career parents have struck a lovely balance between professional and laid-back in their home, and deeply value their time spent together as a family. Their 2.5-year-old is active and social while sometimes shy, while their 5-year-old attends school full-time and is excitedly exploring his interests! The family’s schedules tend to vary, and the children’s school schedules may shift depending on COVID-19. Their fully staffed home is tight-knit, professional, and friendly. They travel often for a week or two at a time, but sometimes for up to a month, so flexibility to be on-the-go is required. They look forward to finding a nanny who enjoys working as part of their team and can provide an enriching and safe French-immersive environment for their children to grow and thrive!
This position is ideal for a candidate with a creative mindset, who is passionate about planning fun-filled, educationally-minded activities and adventures, and can be proactive in doing so. This will be a very child-focused position, though pitching in with various child-related tasks such as the children’s laundry, tidying, and occasional meal prep and errands, will be valued. The family speaks French and Turkish in their home, thus fluency in French is required, and an excitement to immerse the children in the language. A collaborative, team mindset will be important when working alongside this hardworking, kind family and staff. Flexibility is key in schedule and personality, and the team works together to ensure each staff member is supported and energized to fulfill their role with joy!
The family is also seeking a Friday through Sunday nanny (guaranteeing 36hrs/week) where French fluency is not required. If interested, check out the job description here: Activity-Oriented Weekend Nanny Needed For Family In SoHo, NYC
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 48hrs per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Thursdays from 7am to 7pm. Flexibility to live-in when requested, to start and end slightly later each day, and for travel will be expected and appreciated for additional compensation.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out, with flexibility to live-in as requested. A private bedroom and bathroom in the family’s home will be provided during overnights.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering an hourly rate plus overtime that is equivalent to $1560-1820/week gross in addition to full health insurance, PTO, sick days, and relocation assistance for candidates moving to NYC.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Collaborate with parents, co-nannies, and household staff to ensure continuity of care
- Be creative and proactive in planning and providing enriching, educationally-minded activities and adventures beyond basic care
- Pitch in with various child-related household tasks including tidying, children’s laundry, meal prep, and occasional errands
- Travel with the family as needed
- 5+ years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid passport required; valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to swim, and occasionally work in a home with dogs while they are at their upstate residence
- Relocation candidates welcome, though candidates currently in the Northeast will be prioritized
- Fluency in French with the ability to provide a fully immersive environment to support children’s language development
- Creative mindset and proactive approach to planning activities and adventures
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Step in and step out intuition
- Ability to travel with the family for 1-4 weeks at a time
- Flexible to adjust to schedule changes
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid passport. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!