A creative family is seeking an exceptional in-home private educator/ nanny. The family practices attachment parenting and unschools their 6-year-old son. The family has a sweet 9-month-old daughter as well, however the nanny will be primarily responsible for the 6-year-old boy. The position will involve semi-regular travel to Big Sur, the Bay Area, Maui, and some international travel.
A warm, positive and flexible ‘go with the flow’ attitude is essential. The ideal candidate will be creative and engaging, encourage the child’s natural curiosity and inspire a passion for learning.
The schedule is Sunday through Wednesday and will consist of four 10 hour shifts. Salary is highly competitive and will commensurate with experience and a health insurance stipend will be offered. Start date is as soon as the right person is found!
This position is only open to candidates who live within a commuting distance of Malibu.
* A working knowledge of the fundamental principles of unschooling and child-led learning
* Experience in a progressive educational setting
* Experience with children at the Pre-K and elementary school level
* Maintaining a can-do, positive attitude
* Minimum 2 years of professional nanny experience
* Education around Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligence theory
* Familiarity with attachment parenting
* Licensed driver with clean driving record
* Must be comfortable with dogs
* Must be able and willing to commute to Malibu Sunday-Wednesday