A heart-filled and professional family in Berkeley, California is seeking a proactive, enthusiastic, professional, and immersive nanny to care for their two 3-year-old boys and 5-month-old girl.
Both parents in this family are hardworking, loving, and very dedicated to their children. They place a high value on making sure their children feel loved, honoring them as intelligent and aware little people, and speaking to them with respect. They encourage good manners in their home while making sure there is plenty of room for play, fun, and creativity. Family time is very important to them, and they enjoy spending their time together in the park, playing in the backyard, reading, and traveling to LA to visit their extended family.
When they’re not in school, the older boys partake in many various activities and enjoy being artistic, creative, cooking, and spending time outside. Their baby sister is very sweet, loves to smile, and is very receptive to attention. The whole family is excited to find a nanny who can be a true role model, who can engage fully with all three children, and who can serve as a loving, positive influence on the children’s lives and the household as a whole.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a knack for being proactive, engaged, and helpful for both the kids and the household. Being able to juggle several tasks as well as toddlers and a baby at once is key! A candidate who is excited to share their knowledge and passions with the family and is also comfortable deferring to the parents and supporting their needs will thrive in this role. As the boys are in school for most of the day, a large part of the routine will include caring for and engaging their baby and assisting with daily household tasks such as tidying the children’s spaces, running occasional miscellaneous errands, and cooking healthy, balanced, natural meals using organic products and no refined sugar (comfortability working with food allergies is important).
The family hopes for a candidate with a high level of energy who can join the children in exploration, creative play, and bolstering their curiosity; a background as an art teacher or preschool teacher could be a huge plus! A candidate who can be both playful and professional, confident, creative, flexible, and a team player will fit in seamlessly with this family for years to come.
This is a full-time, live-out position with a 40-50 hours per week schedule. Hours will generally fall on Mondays through Fridays from 12 pm to 8 pm, although flexibility to adjust to a fluid family schedule will be expected and appreciated. The family is offering $30-$35/hour as well as a healthcare stipend, generous PTO, a public transportation pass, and perks such as gym and museum memberships. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family will be prioritizing local candidates with a Bachelor’s degree at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child/children
- Transporting children to and from school and activities
- Interact confidently and creatively with active and curious children
- Encourage positive behavior and good manners
- Engage baby in creative, age-appropriate, developmental activities
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones.
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Encourage reading and creative play, limiting screen time
- Assist with child-related housekeeping duties and pitch into the overall tidiness of the family environment
- Run occasional errands as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the parents
- Prepare and cook basic, healthy, and natural meals for the children using organic ingredients and no refined sugar
- Travel occasionally with the family throughout the year
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience working with toddlers and infants at the same time
- A desire to implement and engage children in developmentally-minded activities and prioritizing their interests
- A background as an art teacher or preschool teacher is a huge plus!
- Flexibility to work with schedule changes and to travel occasionally with the family
- An ability to maintain a balance of warmth and professionalism
- A positive, team-player attitude
- An engaging, energetic spirit