A nurturing, down-to-earth family in Montclair, NJ (30mins from NYC via train) is seeking a playful, collaborative, and kind nanny to care for their 3.5-year-old boy and 4-month-old girl!
Family and community are of utmost importance in this loving and welcoming home! They have recently moved back to New Jersey in order to be close to their extended family and are excited for their children to thrive around loved ones. Their 3.5-year-old is playful and curious and loves anything to do with dinosaurs! He attends preschool full-time and excitedly engages in interactive play. Their 4-month-old’s personality is just beginning to emerge and the whole family is excited to watch her grow into her individuality! Mom will be returning to work part-time later this year and is excited about creating a partnership with their nanny, all the while providing autonomy for their caregiver to establish their own routines and traditions with the children.
The ideal nanny for this role will be able to balance the needs of both their infant and toddler; a candidate who can be silly and engaged with their 3.5-year-old while knowledgeable and aware of their infant’s developmental milestones will thrive in this role. The family hopes to find a candidate who will encourage their children to grow and explore their individuality. Assisting the family with the children’s morning and afternoon/evening routines will be at the heart of this position, and flexibility for shifting schedules will be appreciated (with advanced notice). Responsibilities will include preparing healthy, appropriate meals for the children (or the whole family if you enjoy cooking!) and pitching in to the overall cleanliness of the home. A candidate who approaches work with a positive, proactive attitude and who has a team spirit will feel right at home.
This is a full-time, live-in position of 40 to 50 hours per week. Accommodations include a separate 3rdfloor of the house with a private staircase and private bedroom and bathroom, and the home is within walking distance to the NYC train station. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 7:30am to 11:30am and 3pm to 7pm. The family is offering $25/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as sick days and PTO. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. They hope to find the perfect candidate by August 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and have experience working with toddlers and infants. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position OR this family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Assist with morning, afternoon, and evening routines
- Plan, supervise, and maintain rest, bed and nap times
- Provide age-appropriate educational and developmentally appropriate activities and opportunities for the children
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when spending time with family and friends
- Assist in keeping the home neat and tidy
- Prepare healthy, appropriate meals for the children
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience working with both infants and toddlers
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- A collaborative, team spirit
- Able to approach work with a positive, proactive attitude
- Familiar and knowledgeable of developmental milestones
- A playful, engaging spirit