An active, wonderful family of 3 who is expecting a new baby this February is seeking a long-term nanny and family assistant to join their family in Portland, Oregon.
Their daughter is 1 year old, and the ideal candidate will have experience working with children in this age group and be very familiar with developmental milestones to come. This family values health and wellness and are hoping to find a nanny that fits well into their family dynamic. The mother works from home, so it is imperative that this candidate feels comfortable knowing when to step in and when to step out. The ability to pay close attention to small details and collaborate with the parents to develop best practices for their children’s growth and well-being will set up the right candidate for lasting success in this role!
As a hybrid nanny and family assistant, this role will be 75% nanny duties and 25% family assisting and household management tasks. Candidates with professional experience working in private homes as a nanny, family assistant, and household manager will be greatly appreciated! There will be many opportunities to travel with the family including annual trips to Japan and Hawaii, as well as frequent domestic and international travel.
This is a full-time live-out position. The schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 10 am to 6 pm. They are offering a competitive hourly rate, healthcare stipend, and the ability to grow in the position for years to come. The family has hired a night nanny to assist with the newborn, and is hoping to find someone to join their family before their second baby is due in late February to bond with their older daughter as the family transitions into being a family of four!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid US passport and driver’s license with a clean driving record. The family will be prioritizing local candidates or relocation candidates who are very familiar with Portland and are looking forward to living there long-term at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, napping, and morning and evening routines
- Collaborate with Mom and Dad to check in on developmental milestones
- Create a warm, loving and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Develop schedules and structure that ensure the child feels secure in their environment; family truly values routines and schedules
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic care
- Manage schedules using Google calendar, assists with assigned research projects, creates travel itineraries and books reservations
- Create and maintain systems of organization and pitch in to the overall tidiness of the family environment and children’s areas
- Order and/or pick up groceries, and cook and prepare basic meals
- Manage projects around the home and run occasional errands
- Experience providing household management and family assisting support to families
- Knowledge of each childhood development state and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
- Experience creating structure, discipline and schedule in a warm and caring way
- A close attention to detail and specifics
- Possess experience exhibiting discretion and loyalty while working with executive families
- A positive, can-do, team-player attitude with an eagerness to excel in household management tasks
- Exhibit good judgement and common sense, especially concerning child’s safety and health
- Local to Portland or very familiar with the area
- Ability to commit long-term to a position and truly become part of the family
- Professional and polite demeanor