A close-knit, active family based in Mill Valley, CA is seeking an energetic, proactive, and fun-loving nanny to support their 3, soon-to-be 4, children!
This large, loving family, and their sweet senior dog, is full of fun and adventure! They enjoy hiking together, heading to the beach on the weekends, and traveling internationally when it is safe to do so, especially to France for the summers. Their three children, aged 7, 5, and 3 years old are caring, love to interact with others, and are always looking for opportunities for play. Their two oldest are in school full-time while their 3-year-old will soon begin preschool part-time. All three are learning to play piano and taking French lessons! They are excited to welcome their newest sibling to the family this fall. These two on-the-go parents are passionate about being hands-on with the growth of their children, and look forward to welcoming an extra set of hands to their bustling, growing home.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is energetic and activity-oriented, who is passionate about taking a creative approach to implementing fun-filled, enriching activities throughout the day. The children thrive with caregivers who are engaging and hands-on; getting the children outside rain or shine on explorative hikes, coming up with beach games, and baking with the children can be expected in this home! The role will primarily focus on their 3-year-old and tag-teaming with mom for baby care when their little one arrives, while the two older children are in school. A sense of flexibility to jump in with multiple children will be appreciated, and the candidate can expect plenty of support from the parents as needed. As a big family with many moving pieces, they deeply value organization in their home and hope for a nanny with a pitch-in spirit who can provide family assisting support and light tidying, while also being a good role model and encouraging the children to tidy up after themselves. A candidate who would be excited to not only go on fun-filled adventures close to home, but also travel with the family internationally throughout the year when it is safe to do so, will be appreciated.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. The candidate can expect to work 8-10 hours per day with typical working hours falling between 7:30am to 7:30pm. Flexibility for additional hours, date nights, weekends, and extended travel will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Live-in accommodations may be available for the perfect candidate as either a landing pad or long-term depending on the family’s renovation schedule (they are adding a carriage house on property in the near term) and candidate preference.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35+/hr depending on experience. Benefits such as a healthcare stipend, PTO, sick days, relocation assistance, and others to be available depending on candidate need.
- Start Date: June 2021, flexible for the perfect applicant
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Creatively implement and engage in enriching activities with an emphasis on getting the children outdoors
- Be a motivational role model and encourage children to tidy up after themselves
- Collaborate with mom to comfortably partner together and tag-team day-to-day care
- Assist with various family assisting tasks such as light meal prep, occasional errands, light pet care, and closet organization
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home
- Travel with the family internationally and domestically, sometimes for extended periods of time, as it is safe to do so
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for multiple children in a role and well-versed with infant through elementary-aged children
- Comfortability swimming and caring for children in/around water
- Enjoyment of the outdoors such as hiking, swimming, going to the beach, rain or shine
- Creative and proactive when it comes to researching and implementing fun-filled, enriching activities
- Energetic and engaging with children, ability to be hands-on throughout the day
- Ability to travel with the family internationally and domestically, sometimes for extended periods of time
- French knowledge is a big plus!
- Tidy and organized with a pitch-in spirit
- Willingness to adhere to the family’s COVID safety protocols
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have recent, applicable experience working with multiple children in a role. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!