An active, travel-loving family on a farm just outside of Philadelphia, PA, with plans to move to beautiful Santa Barbara, CA next summer, is seeking a confident, gentle, and mindful second nanny to join their team and care for their 3 young children!
This return Adventure Nannies family have passionately curated and cultivated their family life to be accepting, full of adventure, and full of joy. Their journey has lead them to managing their very own farm in a beautiful town just outside of Philadelphia, PA and are excited for the next step in their journey to relocate to a 9-acre farm all the way in Santa Barbara, CA! They have a love for travel, food, and the outdoors, with their adventures including summers in Nantucket, skiing in Montana, and escaping the winters to warm beach destinations such as the Caribbean and Hawaii. Their 5-year-old is energetic and full of questions, always ready to learn, while their 2-year-old is confident, loves to be read to, and is a quick learner! They’ve enjoyed getting to know their 8-month sibling who loves to watch them run around. Their two oldest will be getting started with school during weekdays this fall. These loving parents (and current Adventure Nanny/Family Assistant!) are excitedly and patiently working on teaching the children how to talk about their (sometimes big!) feelings and are excited to welcome a second nanny to their team who can join them in their journey, both their children’s growth and their upcoming bi-coastal move!
This position is ideal for a candidate who embraces the family’s similar values of love, acceptance, equality, and are passionate about fostering an environment for children that empowers them to find their independence. The family is drawn to child-led, Montessori-inspired learning and activities and are hopeful for a candidate who is excited to proactively plan and participate in fun-filled, enriching activities with the kids! An outdoorsy mentality will also come in handy in this home when joining the family on ski trips, hiking adventures, swimming in the Caribbean, and more. With the two older children in school, the role will primarily focus on their young one during the weekdays. A candidate who is confident with infants, toddlers, and early elementary-aged children who are growing quickly, and can be a gentle yet firm presence will be appreciated. With an all-hands-on-deck spirit in this home, the ideal nanny will also be excited to partner with the family’s family assistant/nanny as well as the parents to provide well-rounded care as well as pitch-in to support the home as a whole. With three adorable indoor pugs, two farm dogs, and many other animals on their farm, an animal-friendly nanny will be key!
- Starting in Pennsylvania, the schedule will guarantee 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Saturdays through Wednesdays between 8am-6pm (flexibility for 1 date night/week will be asked and appreciated).
- When the family relocates to Santa Barbara in summer 2022, the schedule will permanently shift to a rotational schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off. Working hours will fall between 7am-7pm. Flexibility for extended travel over the summer will be asked and appreciated!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out in PA, live-on property once the family moves to CA in a private and separate guest cottage on the family’s property. The family may be able to provide a housing stipend or other support for a relocation candidate to secure short-term housing near the family’s property in PA before their move.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $80k-90k/year in annualized earnings ($30-$32/hour) in addition to benefits including health and dental insurance, relocation assistance, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is preferred for this role, and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Engage children in hands-on, creative, and active educational activities and adventures, with an emphasis on child-led, Montessori-inspired approaches
- Collaborate with parents and co-nannies to pitch in to both childcare and the inner workings of the home
- Prepare healthy, organic meals for the children
- Provide childcare and support the family while traveling
- Light pet care
- Assist with family with relocation preparations
- Assist with child-related tidying, organizing, and laundry
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Experience and confidence caring for infants, toddlers, and elementary-aged children
- Ability and excitement to relocate with the family to CA in Spring 2022
- Confident swimming and caring for children in/around water
- Flexible and able to travel with the family throughout the year as needed, or provide house/pet sitting assistance
- Team-minded and collaborative, excited to work on a team
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws, and willingness to adhere to the family’s COVID-19 safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!