A heart-filled and health-oriented family based in Jackson Hole, WY is seeking a down-to-earth, positive, and intuitive nanny with a passion for cooking!
These kind, bustling parents and their two children, aged 5 and 1 years old, are expecting their newest member in the late spring of 2020! They love the quiet peacefulness of Jackson Hole and have a passion for the outdoors, while still enjoying the dynamic city life when visiting LA. The family deeply values healthy and active lifestyles, placing emphasis on fresh, healthy meals (no sugar and limited dairy and gluten), and being attuned with nature whenever possible. Their 5-year-old girl is happy, spirited, and bright beyond her years, while their 1-year-old boy’s personality is just beginning to shine (along with his sense of humor!). The family travels about 12 weeks annually, which includes visits to their second home in Los Angeles and additional domestic and international adventures.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a similar appreciation for the outdoors and healthy living and will thrive in both the quiet, peaceful environment of Jackson Hole and the bustling city life of LA. As the family is incredibly passionate about living a mindful and health-conscious life, they are eager to find a candidate with a love for cooking who will enjoy preparing fresh healthy meals for the children. Newborn experience is essential, along with a collaborative, team-player approach when working alongside hands-on, loving parents. Creating an educational bend to the day and providing enriching, inspiring activities for the children will be an important piece of this role as well – a background in child development will be a plus! Having a pitch-in spirit and assisting with tidying, errands, and other child-related household duties will be greatly appreciated.
This is a full-time position of 50+ hours/week with two consecutive days off weekly. The position is live-out in WY and live-in in LA. The family is well-connected in Jackson Hole, and they are happy to help their new nanny find a great place to live. While traveling, the schedule will be on-call 24/7, and a vehicle will be provided when needed. The family is offering $30+/hour with consistent opportunities for overtime earnings and benefits, including medical healthcare policy, PTO, sick days, and relocation assistance. The position will begin as soon as they find the right fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience working with newborns. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Collaborate with parents to provide consistency of care
- Support a varying daily schedule and become an asset to the family when traveling
- Provide enriching, developmentally-minded activities for the children
- Prepare healthy, whole meals utilizing fresh ingredients, no sugars, and limiting dairy and gluten
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home, occasional errands, and other child-related household duties
- A valid driver’s license
- A reliable vehicle
- A valid passport
- Newborn experience
- A passion for cooking and appreciation for healthy eating and living
- A love for the outdoors and nature
- Able to thrive in both a quiet, outdoorsy environment, as well as in a bustling, city environment
- Flexible to travel frequently with the family
- A collaborative, team-player spirit
- A positive, optimistic approach