An active and loving family in Williamsburg is seeking an organized, gentle, proactive family assistant to help care for their home and support a fun-loving, efficient mom in raising this family’s three spunky children. These parents are excited to find a candidate with a passion for helping out and supporting the family overall in an environment that is friendly and upbeat!
This joyful and extroverted family loves to get outside, exploring the city parks, playgrounds, and community classes in art and music. Their two school-aged children are both inquisitive and astute and love to jump into any opportunity of discovery: from arts & crafts to space exploration or from sports to cooking, they love trying it all! These parents are thrilled to welcome a family assistant into their household with the same passion for engagement. Supporting this family’s dynamic schedule is key to nurturing their children’s growth and providing efficiency in the day-to-day tasks. Ensuring morning school drop-offs and afterschool pick-ups are stable and smooth will be crucial as their 6-year-old and 4-year-old attend different schools. The ideal candidate will be reliable, punctual, and offer a calm approach to these bustling times of the day, taking initiative to help out whenever a need arises. With the mom at home with their 2-year-old, the best fit is someone who is excited to tag-team activities and collaborate throughout the day-to-day in a fun and friendly manner. The family also has a weekly housekeeper, so the role is truly a support position. This family is eager to find someone they can trust and grow with for years to come, building a familial rapport.
The ideal candidate possesses some experience with children from 2 to 6 years and an instinct for noticing little learning opportunities throughout the day. With three active children, a candidate with a passion for supporting the parents in their role is highly valued by the family. Other responsibilities will be daily prep of nutritious and balanced meals, as well as various family assisting duties including errand-running, transportation, walking the family’s small dog, and light tidying such as laundry and general upkeep of all common areas, allowing the mom more time to play with her children! The family travels 2-4 weeks each year, occasionally bringing the assistant along when possible, so a candidate with flexibility and adaptability will be appreciated. The family is excited to find someone with serenity and confidence who can step into their role from day one with ease. A candidate with a pitch-in, team-oriented mentality and genuine love for learning and childcare will be a perfect fit!
This position may be a part or full-time, live-out position guaranteeing either 34.5 or 46 hours per week, depending on the candidate’s preferred schedule. The family is open to 3 or 4 full days a week, 7:00am-6:30pm, and they are happy to discuss days of the week that work for everyone. It is greatly appreciative for flexibility to sometimes work on Saturdays, if possible! The family is offering $28-30+/hour as well as a benefits package including assistance with healthcare and PTO. Driving is not required for this role.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who have a valid driver’s license, passport, are legally able to work in the US and live within a commutable distance of Williamsburg, NY. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a calm, supportive, and helpful environment for the children to learn and explore
- Support the morning and afternoon routines including school drop-offs and pick-ups, dressing for school, baths, and afternoon activities
- Prepare nutritious and balanced meals daily for the children, as well as handle the household flow and overall tidiness
- Support the household with general family assisting duties such as light tidying, laundry, errand-running, walking the family dog, and organizing calendars
- While not required, knowledge of a second language, a valid driver’s license and passport, and travel experience are huge pluses!
- Experience with children ages 2-6
- Confidence, reliability, and flexibility for occasional weekend coverage
- Contribute a calm and professional approach toward the bustling portions of the family’s daily routines
- A helpful and friendly demeanor, with a true desire to support appreciative and kind hands-on parents
- An engaging personality with a genuine love for children and the day-to-day teachable moments