An active family in Marin County is expecting a child in early January of 2020 and is seeking a newborn care specialist to join them for a 6-month contract.
Responsibilities will include general care for the newborn: reaching a consistent nighttime sleeping schedule, instilling a developmentally-appropriate schedule, nighttime feedings, cleaning/sterilizing bottles, keeping the nursery and baby’s clothing clean, and more. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with sleep training and lactation consulting and be open to teaching the parents about newborn care as requested while respecting the parent’s bond with their new child! While the newborn care specialist’s interactions will be with the newborn and parents, the household also consists of three older children who will be at the home every other weekend, a family dog, and other household staff members.
The ideal candidate will have completed both foundational and advanced-level Newborn Care Solutions courses and have experience and glowing references from previous NCS clients. The family is excited to welcome their first child together and are hopeful to find someone patient, kind, and knowledgeable with a true passion for working with newborns and their families to join them for this exciting transition!
The general schedule is 5 to 6 overnight 12-hour shifts per week. The position is live-out while the family is at their primary residence and live-in when they are staying at their residence in Big Sur. The start date is around January 1st of 2020, and the schedule will be set closer to the due date and determined around the newborn care specialist’s availability. The family is seeking a 6-month commitment and offering a generous compensation package that is commensurate with experience!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and have at least 5 years of infant care experience. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create morning, daytime and evening routines that are developmentally appropriate
- Collaborate with parents and potentially nanny, family members, and/or household staff to ensure a continuation of care
- Create a warm, loving and safe environment for newborn to thrive
- Provide support and education to the new parents in an approachable and open way
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the family environment and children’s areas
- Cook and prepare basic meals if asked
- Run errands occasionally, as needed
- Professional and working knowledge of feeding, bathing, and dressing infants
- At least 5 years professional infant care experience
- Experience working on contracts with newborns and helping families bring babies home from the hospital
- Knowledge of every aspect of newborn care
- Experience creating structure and routine in a warm and loving way
- Possess experience exhibiting discretion and loyalty while working with executive families
- A positive, can-do, team-player attitude
- Exhibit good judgement and common sense, especially concerning infant’s safety and health
- Ability to commit to the requested contract period