A loving, artistic family based in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California is seeking a creative, organized, and enthusiastic candidate to support their family in a hybrid nanny and personal assistant role.
These dynamic parents both work in the arts and have enjoyed fostering a creative environment for their 8-year-old girl where she can explore her interests and individuality. She enjoys making art, from writing and illustrating books to creating video stories! While the family has an on-the-go schedule, they enjoy a laid back, loving environment in their home. They are excited to find a nanny who can both support their daughter as well as their growing art and music businesses so they can prioritize their time with one another.
The ideal candidate for this position will be imaginative, nurturing, efficient, organized, and have a deep sense of intuition. This role will consist of providing enriching, fun-filled activities for their daughter while multi-tasking to support the home and her parents’ businesses. This may include managing travel schedules, assisting with communications, assisting with keeping their art studio tidy and well-stocked and traveling with the family on occasion. Preparing healthy, low sugar and low gluten vegan meals for their daughter and helping her with her homework will also be expected and appreciated. Having a pitch-in attitude and an appreciation for discretion is highly valued in this home.
This is a full-time, live-out position with 40 guaranteed hours per week. The schedule will generally fall on Mondays through Fridays from 10 am to 6 pm. Flexibility to work with schedule changes and travel with the family throughout the year will be appreciated. The family is offering $25-$30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as paid time off and sick days. They hope to find the perfect candidate by May 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a reliable vehicle. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for child
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the child
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Provide homework help/assistance
- Prepare healthy, low sugar and low gluten vegan meals
- Assist with communications for parents’ art businesses
- Keep art studio well-stocked and tidy
- Manage schedules
- Various household duties including managing maintenance appointments, running errands, and home organizing
- Pitch-in to the overall tidiness of the home
- Other tasks as assigned by the parents
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A reliable vehicle
- A valid passport
- Experience traveling with families
- A background in tutoring a huge plus!
- Comfort preparing and cooking vegan meals
- Efficient, proactive, organized and able to multi-task
- Confident, enthusiastic, creative, and playful!
- Utmost attention to privacy and discretion