A heart-filled family in Brooklyn is seeking a compassionate, infant-savvy, and hard-working nanny to care for their 2-month-old son!
Based in Dumbo, these first time parents have enjoyed getting to know their newborn baby boy, who at this point loves eating and sleeping! Mom returns to work from maternity leave later in May, while dad returns in April, and have flexible schedules where they can work from home at least one day per week. Their schedules can fluctuate during the summers with occasional travel plans, and they would love if the nanny were able to join them. They are seeking a warm and knowledgeable nanny to be a well of knowledge, and to collaborate with and guide them on baby’s developmental growth!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a knack for babies with vast experience working with newborns and infants. Mom and dad are especially excited to bring on a candidate who is adept at sleep training and preparing bottles (and eventually solids) for their young one. Assisting with establishing a daily routine that includes age-appropriate developmental and nurturing opportunities will be at the heart of this role – they’d love for their son to get outside and to various activities and classes whenever possible! Additional responsibilities will include baby-related household tasks, such as assisting with laundry, cleaning bottles, preparing meals, and ensuring that common areas are tidy.
This is a full-time, live-out position guaranteeing 40 hours/week. The schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays with flexibility appreciated for occasional late nights, weekends, and travel. The ideal schedule is as follows with flexibility for slight variations (with advanced notice) appreciated:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am-6pm
- Wednesday: 11am-8pm
- Friday: 10am-2pm
The family is offering an hourly rate that will equate to $1200-$1400/week and as well as assistance with healthcare and PTO. Driving is not a requirement for this role. They hope to find the perfect candidate by early April 2020!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and live within a commutable distance to Brooklyn. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Support developing a feeding and sleeping routine
- Engage baby in creative, age-appropriate, developmental activities
- Take baby outside and to various age-appropriate classes and activities
- Child-related household tasks including laundry, meal prep, cleaning bottles, etc.
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the home
- Travel with the family on occasion to the Hamptons, Connecticut, and beyond
- A valid passport
- Extensive experience with newborns and infants
- Flexible to adapt to slight variations in schedule, travel plans, and occasional late nights and weekends (with ample notice)
- Confident establishing sleeping and feeding routines for newborns
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- A warm, heart-filled, collaborative approach
- Hardworking and proactive