A friendly, organized and on-the-go family in Brooklyn Heights is seeking an experienced and passionate caregiver for their 3.5 month old daughter to grow with them for years to come! Having been supported by two postpartum doulas, this family is excited for a new phase of collaboration with an infant-savvy nanny who is eager for exploratory outings to expand their daughter’s world.
This family of three and their St. Bernard are excited to welcome a new nanny to their home as they take the next steps with their baby’s development. They’re looking for support and expertise as they begin sleep training, and encourage active day-time engagement with their daughter primarily through outings such as community events, walks, and playdates. Their baby loves eating, sleeping, attending music class, and observing other little ones! The ideal candidate will have an early childhood development background and experience with instilling structure including respect, boundaries, and communication skills for their daughter in the years to come. A candidate who is gifted with organization, creativity, and a go-with-the-flow attitude will thrive in this role.
With the father working in separate space from home, it will be ideal to work with a calm, yet energetic and proactive nanny with a knack for seeking learning opportunities where their daughter can engage and get outside everyday whatever the weather! Creating and maintaining stable routines for the baby’s sleeping and eating schedules will be a priority. Some household responsibilities will include light laundering of baby clothes, cleaning baby bottles, healthy and balanced meal preparation, and occasional errand-running. Someone with a gentle nature and affinity for dogs is a huge plus, as their sweet St. Bernard, Clyde, is a rescue dog who can be fearful of newcomers and likes his personal space, but with time will welcome you as a member of the household! The family travels and values a candidate who is willing to travel with them with advanced notice, internationally as well, if possible.
This is a full-time, live-out position. The general schedule will fall Mondays through Fridays, 10am-6pm, but once they are in their groove, it may shift earlier or later, staying around the guaranteed 40-50 hours per week and $30-$35+ per hour depending on experience level. The family is open to discussing additional benefits based on their ideal candidate’s needs. A vehicle will also be provided while on duty when needed.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, are within a commutable distance to Brooklyn Heights.
- Research and engage in local development opportunities including community events, playgroups, museums, and classes and activities for newborns
- Create and maintain sleeping and eating routines
- Bring gentle, proactive, and organized approach to duties
- Prepare healthy, balanced, nutritious meals for baby
- Light tidying related to childcare and occasional errand-running
- Engage in family assisting duties around travel and schedule changes
- Experience with newborns through toddlerhood, and a passion for early childhood development
- Flexibility to set the schedule earlier in the day, if necessary, and stay for occasional late nights with notice
- An energetic, creative, and organized approach to day-to-day routines
- Calm and gentle attitude in home environment, providing love and space to a beloved rescue dog
- It is a huge plus if you have any of the following: Bachelor’s degree or higher, fluency in second language (preferably a Romance language) a valid driver’s license, passport, and travel experience!