A friendly, laid-back family of four in Brooklyn is seeking a gentle and engaging nanny to partner with them in caring for their 6-month-old daughter for a 7-month contract!
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Ages of children: 6 months old (their 4yo attends full-day school and does not require care)
- Start date/Contract dates: February 14th through September 5th
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Occasional flexibility for evening date nights may be asked and appreciated pending candidate availability!
- Compensation and benefits: The family is offering $30-35/hour and $1200-1400/wk based on the 40 hour per week schedule in addition to benefits including a MetroCard and PTO.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- Daily environment:
- This loving, multicultural family in bustling Brooklyn, NY loves living just a few blocks away from beautiful Fort Greene park in the Clinton Hill neighborhood! Their daughters, ages 4 years old and 6 months old, love listening to music and enjoying the outdoors and NYC park scene! Their 4-year-old attends pre-school during the day, and the role will focus solely on the 6-month-old child. Both parents are currently working from home, though they hope to spend more time outside of the home to give their nanny and daughter more independence during the day.
- Their 6-month-old daughter has some food allergies, and the family is happy to train on EpiPen use or any other precautions to make sure their nanny is set up for success in caregiving!
- Ideal candidate:
- A candidate who enjoys a joyful and warm environment will love working with this kind family! Someone who is infant-savvy, engaging, and finds a lot of joy in being around and connecting with babies will thrive in this childcare-focused role. Familiarity with developmental milestones associated with the infant and early toddler stages, as well as an openness to a Montessori approach will be key!
- Light child-related tidying will be asked and appreciated. The family is hopeful to work with a candidate who is gentle, patient, and eager to spend time outdoors with their daughter. The ideal candidate will be open to partnering with both parents to create a respectful parenting/caretaking environment for their daughter. French language skills would be a huge bonus to this family as they will be sending their youngest to join her big sister at a bilingual French/English preschool come Fall 2022!
- Must haves:
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Currently reside within a commutable distance of Brooklyn, NY
- Comfortable using an EpiPen (the family is happy to train on this!)
- Creates a warm, loving, and nurturing environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Knowledgeable about each childhood developmental stage and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
- A down to earth yet upbeat and positive sensibility
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
Due to the nature of our industry, the current Omicron-related surge, and the number of children who are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, in an effort to ensure everyone’s health and safety, this family is currently only considering candidates who are fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19.