An active, kind-hearted family based in the North Bay Area of California is seeking a hands-on, self-starting, and go-with-the-flow family assistant/nanny to support their home and three elementary-aged children!
- Location: Marin County
- Ages of children: 10, 8, and 6 years old
- Start date/Contract dates: As soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours/week with the general schedule of 8 hours daily Monday through Friday. The family and candidate will work together to identify a weekly schedule that fits everyone’s needs. Flexibility for occasional overnights and travel with advance notice will be appreciated!
- Compensation and benefits: The family is open to offering $35-40+/hour in addition to benefits like a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, a vehicle for professional use, and PTO depending on candidate need. The family looks forward to building a compensation package that works well for all parties. The applicant can anticipate annualized earnings in the $80-90+k/year range before benefits.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out
- Based in Marin County, this family describes themselves as curious, fun, sporty, and kind. They have a love for exploration and learning through fun, to create things together and laugh together! Both parents are currently working from home though may return to some in-person work in the future. They love to travel as often as they can and their schedules can fluctuate based on their work and adventures!
- Their three children (10, 8, and 6 years old) are individualistic and bright.
- Their 9-year-old is curious and scientific, while their 8-year-old has a creative spirit and loves imaginative play, and their 6-year-old loves to play games, listen to music, and build. All three children attend elementary school.
- With a full house brimming with fun, love, and busy schedules, the whole family is eager to find a family assistant/nanny who can provide a valued and appreciated extra set of hands in their home. Both parents speak Spanish, so bilingualism in English and Spanish is a big plus though not required!
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is tech-savvy with strong organizational skills, who thrives when supporting the inner workings of a home just as much as heading outside to kick the soccer ball around! The family hopes for a candidate who can provide well-rounded, playful, and loving care as well as a passion for the outdoors and excitement about opportunities for outdoor play and exploration.
- The role will comprise approximately 60% family assistant and 40% nanny responsibilities while partnering with loving, hands-on parents; excellent communication skills and a collaborative spirit is key. The day-to-day will consist of household support such as calendar management, grocery shopping, running errands, children’s laundry, and light meal prep, along with various personal assisting tasks for mom and dad, and pick-ups and drop-offs to activities/school/appointments for the children.
- The family would love to work with a candidate who is excited about travel and can be flexible with their shifting schedules. A family assistant/nanny who is an intuitive self-starter, and eager to hop in as an integral and valued member of this family team will thrive in this role for years to come.
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for elementary-aged children
- A true passion for working with children, especially getting them outdoors for outdoor exploration and activities
- Ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats and an excitement to stretch family assisting skills; applicable family assistant/household management experience is a plus!
- Intuitive and self-starting with a pitch-in mentality
- Flexible and able to adjust to schedule changes and travel with the family throughout the year
- Tech-savvy with strong organizational skills
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
Due to the nature of our industry, the current Omicron-related surge, and the number of children who are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, in an effort to ensure everyone’s health and safety, this family is currently only considering candidates who are fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19.