A professional, energetic, and friendly family in Manhattan is seeking a playful, proactive, and inquisitive nanny to care for their newborn daughter! This family has worked with nannies in the past and are excited to welcome another truly passionate childcare provider into their home.
This family of four along with their French bulldog and cat have built a bustling, progressive, healthful home in the UES. When exploring the city they love visiting museums of art and science, local parks, and other communal opportunities to expand their worldview. Their 11-week-old daughter is just as curious, greatly enjoying reading and discovering her surroundings on outings, as well as eating and sleeping. Both parents have active professional and personal schedules. While the dad enjoys his remaining paternity leave and the mom works part-time from the home office, they are looking forward to collaborating with a nanny who thrives in a co-parenting environment. The family employs weekly household cleaners and a daily dog walker, and they will greatly appreciate a self-starter candidate with a can-do spirit who will take the extra step to wash bottles, help with laundry, or help care for their dog, especially when the mom takes a break from work to cuddle her daughter.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong willingness to help a work-from-home mom, and has some infant care experience, strong organizational skills, a love for dogs, and a keen eye for details. The family hopes for a nanny who can harmoniously contribute their childcare care expertise while supporting the family’s hands-on nature, bustling schedule, occasional travel, and other liaison duties that may come up by being proactive, professional, and communicative. The family has a 12-year-old son who is in school full-time but may need care in the evenings on occasion. As a health-conscious family they would be overjoyed to work with a nanny who is passionate about preparing healthy and nutritious meals for the children from time to time. A nanny who enjoys a balance between autonomy and teamwork, has a task-oriented sensibility for the day-to-day, and is truly passionate about helping a loving home run smoothly will thrive with this family!
This is a full-time, live-out position with general schedule falling Mondays through Fridays, 10am to 6pm, with flexibility for an earlier start in the future. The family is offering $30-$35 per hour for 40 hours guaranteed per week, plus overtime when necessary, and a benefits package including assistance with healthcare, PTO, and museum memberships. Although driving is not required, it is preferred and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. Start date as soon as possible.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, are within a commutable distance to Manhattan, and have a valid driver’s license and passport. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Engage in developmental opportunities in the community including park outings, museums visits, and any local events in the arts and sciences
- Support a smooth running of the household by keeping an organized family calendar and creating schedules, acting as a liaison with third parties
- Bring a pitch-in attitude regarding overall tidiness of the home by assisting in light laundering, dishes, and pet care – walks are not required, but clean up in the home will be.
- Be proactive in collaborating with the parents to create harmonious day-to-day schedules and activities as they transition back to working full-time
- Carry a calm, flexible, and professional demeanor with a step-in and step-out intuition
- Some infant experience and 3 years minimum overall childcare experience
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Gentle and proactive personality with a passion for collaboration
- While not required, a valid driver’s license and passport with travel experience is a huge plus!
- Willingness to assist in daily pet care of a wee-wee pad trained dog
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and a passion for supporting a smoothly run household