A loving, mindful, and joyful family of four is seeking a creative and hardworking hybrid nanny/family assistant to care for their two growing sons in their home north of Seattle!
Based in Edmonds, WA, this holistically-minded family deeply values a community-based, supportive, and healthy-living environment in their home and while raising their boys, aged 4 and 2 years old! They found that their children thrived with the RIE approach and their parents are passionate about offering their children space for creative learning as they grow. Mom and dad are both collaborative and hands-on and have embraced attachment parenting. They travel often for both work and pleasure, frequently to San Francisco, and love spending quality time outdoors! Their 4-year-old is artistically-minded and creative, and his energetic and athletic little brother will be joining him at preschool this coming year.
The ideal candidate for this family will have a passion for creativity both in life and while working with children! The family hopes for a candidate who is eager to provide child-led and creative learning opportunities throughout the day. While the children are in school, the role will focus on various household tasks to support the home, including running errands, assisting with laundry, basic meal prep, event planning and preparation, and more. Honesty and a hardworking mindset are deeply appreciated in this home! This position is perfect for a candidate who enjoys wearing multiple hats and is ready to support two growing children and their family as a whole!
This is a full-time, live-out position consisting of 40-50 hours per week and guaranteeing 40 hours/week. The family’s schedule can vary so flexibility is key! The general schedule will land on Mondays through Fridays for 8-hour workdays, typically from 8am to 4pm. The family is offering $30/hour as well as additional benefits including health insurance, PTO, and sick days. Driving is required for this position and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family hopes to find the perfect fit by June 1st of this year!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for and engage curious 4 and 2-year-old boys!
- Create a warm and safe environment for children to grow and thrive
- Plan enriching and creative activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Transport children to and from school and activities
- Travel with the family as needed
- Collaborate with mom and dad, checking in on developmental milestones
- Various family assisting tasks including managing schedules, assisting with laundry, occasional errands, grocery shopping, event planning and preparation, etc.
- Healthy meal preparation for the children
- Flexible in schedule and willingness to travel with the family
- A creative approach to childhood development and learning
- Bright, warm, nurturing, sunny, flexible and professional demeanor
- Experience with RIE or other respectful care philosophies a big plus!
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and a clean driving record
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and teamwork in their role
- Be honest, loyal, and committed to your role in the family
- Dedication to maintaining an active, mindful and healthy lifestyle