An on-the-go, kind-hearted family based in Marin County, CA is seeking a travel-ready, creative, and engaging private educator for their two school-aged children for the 2020-2021 academic school year!
With their home base in the beautiful Bay Area, this family is seeking someone to support their children throughout the school year. Both their 10-year-old and 12-year-old are currently doing a combination of in-person and distance learning through their schools this year. The children thrive with friendly, patient, and engaging teaching approaches. The family is eager to find an educator who can support the children academically, provide an inspiring and enjoyable learning environment, and who can take the classroom on the road if they decide to travel in the spring.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about not only being a hands-on educator but being an inspiring role model as well. Creativity will be deeply valued in this home to develop a learning environment that is supportive and interactive and inspires the children’s genuine curiosity to learn. The children thrive through project-based, inquiry-based learning that focuses on their strengths and passions, so a candidate with a specialized background in Montessori, neurodivergent learning, or other modalities will be a big plus! The family is looking for an educator who is ready to jump right in with everything from managing the children’s schedules and driving them to and from activities, to helping set up systems in the home to better support distance learning. An ideal candidate will be excited to support the kids in executing the current curriculum provided by the children’s schools and also to collaborate with the parents to select and/or develop hands-on lessons. The family hopes to find a candidate who is a true team player, can become an integral part of their family team, is travel-ready, and will be willing to pitch-in as needed as an inspiring role model for their children! Given that the two kids are very different learners, with one child struggling with some sensory processing and mild focus issues, an understanding of how best to support different learning styles is critical.
This is a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 40 hours per week, and a general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. Scheduling flexibility will be appreciated. Live-in accommodations include a separate bedroom and sitting area with kitchenette when in Marin County, as well as private accommodations provided while traveling. The family is offering $35-$40+/hour DOE in addition to relocation assistance, assistance with healthcare, PTO, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is seeking an educator to begin ASAP through May 2021, with potential for another school year if desired!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Collaborate with the parents, the children’s schools, and the children to ensure educational milestones are being met; hold regular check-ins to discuss long-term and short-term educational goals
- Implement provided curriculum and partner with the parents to select and/or develop hands-on lessons and future curriculum to inspire experiential learning that is tailored to the children’s needs, interests, and skills
- Utilize project-based, inquiry-based learning approaches that inspire curiosity, a love for learning, and educational independence, while still providing a structured, productive environment
- Travel with the family as needed and adapt curriculum utilizing the travel itinerary and destinations
- Be a supportive teacher and well-rounded role model to encourage the growth of the children as a whole, including engaging in physical activities outdoors with them
- Be a true team player and an integral part of the family team; assist with scheduling, errands, driving the children to and from activities, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’ degree or higher in an education-related field
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool environment
- Experience teaching children with different learning styles and challenges, such as ADD/ADHD
- Creative, hands-on learning approach; experience with Montessori, neurodivergent learning, or other progressive modalities a plus!
- Ability to travel with the family for extended periods of time
- Team player, organized, and communicative
- An all-hands-on-deck, no-task-too-small spirit will be a huge asset!