A bustling, loving, and growing family based in the Palo Alto area is seeking an adaptable, supportive, and confident candidate to join their nanny team!
This family has put together a hardworking, proactive staff in their home. They are extremely community-based and family-oriented and love spending time with their close-by extended family. Their two children, who are elementary and toddler-aged, are incredibly bright and inquisitive and partake in many creative and athletic activities, from gymnastics to swimming to piano and more. They will be welcoming their third child this December! They are a progressive, nurturing, and happy family with a dynamic fully staffed home.
The ideal candidate for this position will be intuitive, proactive, and will strike a balance between confident and adaptable. They will have dedicated, rich experience in childcare and a genuine love for working with children. Falling into the family’s routine and structure within the home will be a key element of this role! Responsibilities will include teaming with the family’s other daytime nanny to assist with morning routines, transportation, managing schedules, meal preparation, and pitching in with the inner workings of the home while the children are in school. Mom is a passionate and dedicated stay-at-home parent who enjoys partnering with their caregivers and hopes for a candidate with a deep sense of step in and step out intuition. Being fully engaged, nurturing everyday learning opportunities, and incorporating an educational bend into daily play will be valued. A candidate who enjoys being part of a bustling family team will fit right in with this amazing family.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40-50 hours/week. The general schedule will rotate between Monday through Friday and Tuesday through Saturday, consisting of about 9 hour days beginning at 6:45am on weekdays and 8am on every other Saturday. The family is offering a highly competitive compensation package of $100k+/year in annualized earnings with discretionary bonus opportunities and additional earning potential during travel. They are also offering a generous benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, PTO, and are open to providing live-in accommodations for several months if relocating to the area while the candidate gets settled. The position will begin as soon as they find the right fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Support a varying daily schedule and become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Manage schedules and accompany children to various activities
- Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care, be engaged and present throughout the day
- Collaborate with a team of nannies, household staff, and parents to ensure continuity of care
- Maintain and support the children’s daily routines and structures
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Ability to adhere to strict healthy home / healthy child protocols
- Strong/excellent swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water
- Non-smoker, dedicated to an active and healthy lifestyle
- A genuine love of working with children with a dedicated and rich background in childcare
- A positive, welcoming, happy, and fun-loving spirit!
- A collaborative team player
- A balance between confident and humble and a deep sense of step in and step out intuition
- Able to adapt to routines and structures that have been established in the home