A calm, communicative family based in beautiful Burlington, VT is seeking an intuitive, attentive, and mindful nanny to care for their 1.5-year-old and 4-month-old children!
With all that Vermont has to offer just outside their door, this family is excited to raise their children with a deep appreciation for nature, and make sure their kiddos get outside for enriching activities whenever possible. They place a big emphasis on play-based learning, as well as modeling calm, mindful behavior for their little ones; they always want to ensure their children’s feelings are acknowledged and thoughtfully redirected when appropriate. With a fully staffed home, this family deeply values open communication in their home, and always works hard to create an environment where their nanny feels supported, and that raising their children is a true team effort. They are excited to welcome a nanny to their home who can provide an educationally-focused approach to inspire and enrich their children’s growth!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is patient and calm, always prepared to actively listen to the children’s needs and feelings, and to support them and guide them. The family is eager to find a nanny who is passionate about child development, who can see an opportunity to learn something and jump on creating a fun-filled activity with an educational bend. A background in early childhood education will be a big plus! A nanny who is intuitive and understands when to step in and when to step out will fit in seamlessly in this home, as this family values a healthy balance of personable and professional in their home. A foundational love for the outdoors will be key, as this family wants their children growing up without a shortage of outdoor activities, sparking a love for nature. A pitch-in, collaborative spirit will come in handy to jump in with healthy, nutritionally-balanced meal prep, general tidying, and being a pillar of support in this home. A collaborative spirit to team up with these loving parents and household staff will be important, as well as readiness and excitement to travel! The family would love for their children to become exposed to a second language as well, so familiarity in Spanish would be a big plus.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50-60 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 6pm. Flexibility to provide additional coverage during weekends (1-2x/month), travel, and overnights will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out, with a housing stipend provided.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35-40+/hour in addition to benefits including health insurance and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving will be required for this role as well as a reliable vehicle for commuting to/from work.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Proactively research and implement educationally-minded, age-appropriate activities beyond basic care, with an emphasis on getting outside
- Foster the children’s growth both developmentally and emotionally, modeling calm, mindful behavior
- Prepare healthy, nutritionally-balanced meals for the children as needed
- Support daily feeding and nap/sleeping routines, maintaining a sense of structure for the children
- Collaborate with parents and household staff to ensure continuity of care and that the home runs smoothly
- Provide reliable transportation for the children as needed
- Travel with the family and provide support and fun-filled activities for the children
- Pitch-in with child-related household tasks including laundry, tidying, organization, and more
- At least 5 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for infants and toddlers
- Passion for childhood development; formal training in early childhood education/development is a big plus
- Spanish fluency/knowledge is a big plus
- Fully staffed home and/or travel experience preferred though not required
- Active, engaging, and creative when it comes to imaginative, child-led play
- Love for the outdoors!
- Flexible to travel with the family as needed
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!