An active, loving family of four is seeking a positive, intuitive, patient, and educationally-minded nanny to care for their two boys, aged 6 and 2 years old! Based about 20 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, MN, they hope to find the perfect candidate to support their family for years to come.
As a family with a busy schedule who loves to entertain and embark on both fun and professional adventures, their biggest priority is family and spending quality time with their children. They encourage silliness, warmth, and empathy in their home! Their children enjoy various activities throughout the year, and with all of Minneapolis in their backyard, going on outings to local museums, the library, the park, and so much more can be expected with these two lively boys. The perfect candidate will be excited to plan enriching experiences and activities, while also helping to maintain a consistent routine and keep things running smoothly.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a nurturing, thoughtful, and engaging spirit. A key element of this role will be serving as a positive role model for the children as they grow. A candidate who has knowledge of early childhood education and can nurture their emotional development and independence will be a huge asset to this family. As their children have learned some light Spanish in the past, they would love a candidate who would be excited to learn right alongside them and encourage growing their knowledge of languages. The family has put together a tight-knit and loving team that supports the daily goings-on of the home. Though mom may return to work later this year, she has enjoyed partnering with her nanny to set up their children for success while providing autonomy and space for her children and nanny to have productive, enriching days. A candidate with a team spirit and a can-do attitude will thrive in this environment!
This position can be either live-in or live-out depending on the candidate’s preferences. The family has a private cottage on their property that could either be utilized long-term as a separate residence for the nanny, or as short-term accommodations for a nanny who is relocating to allow them ample time and flexibility to transition into an apartment or other long-term housing situation.
This is a full-time position in Wayzata, MN, with 40 hours guaranteed weekly and a flexible schedule generally falling on Mondays through Fridays with advanced notice. Flexibility to travel with the family 2 – 3 times per year or provide overnight coverage while the parents are traveling will be expected and appreciated. The family is offering a locally competitive hourly rate as well as health insurance contributions, paid time off and paid holidays, and a business card for work-related expenses. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. This family is excited to welcome a nanny to their team as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and passport, and are comfortable swimming and with children in and around water. Candidates with either a Bachelor’s degree in ECE or a childhood development-related field will be prioritized. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Supervise and maintain rest, bed, and nap times
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way towards children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Communicate and collaborate with parents on the general care and development of their children
- Plan enriching activities that support a varying daily schedule, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Perform light housework related to child care: clean up after meals, tidy play areas, assist with children’s laundry, etc.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel with the family and provide occasional weekend and overnight care
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid US passport
- Comfortable with children in/around water
- Bachelor’s degree in education related field or familiarity with Montessori method strongly preferred
- Early childhood education experience and a knowledge of developmental milestones
- Spanish-speaking or knowledge of a second language is a plus!
- Experience and comfortability working with children with food allergies
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Creative spirit with desire to find imaginative ways to engage the children
- Highly organized, with experience collaborating with a family