A developmentally-minded, compassionate family in Sonoma and San Francisco, CA is seeking an enriching, intuitive, and intellectually curious nanny to care for their 8-month-old boy!
These first-time parents describe their baby as joyful, curious, affectionate and active; he loves playing around on the piano, having books read to him, being sung and talked to, and going outside! They have a large focus on learning and growth in their home and strive to make it an enriching environment to inspire a love for learning and open-mindedness in their child. While they are primarily based in Sonoma until the end of the pandemic, the family loves living in the heart of San Francisco, with a beautiful view of the Bay and a short walk to a large park full of hiking trails, and, post-COVID, heading to the village to enjoy the library, cafes, and more! They value organic, nontoxic food, toys, and clothes in their home and prioritize this whenever possible. The family is extremely COVID-conscious. They have been living with family at a spacious rental home in beautiful Sonoma County so that the baby’s grandparents can provide extra help and bond with their grandson. The family is excited to welcome their first caregiver to enrich their baby’s life and support the learning environment in their home.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is collaborative and considers themselves a lifelong learner. The family is seeking a nanny who loves babies and children, who can be a resource of knowledge and experience, is proactive about researching and implementing progressive learning approaches (such as RIE or Montessori), and is happy to collaborate with passionate, hands-on parents. A sense of step in and step out intuition will be greatly appreciated, along with a playfulness, a passion for nurturing curiosity, self-sufficiency, and independence in growing children. Other responsibilities may include pitching in with child-related cleaning and meal prep, and ordering and putting away groceries.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40+ hours/week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 9am to 5pm. Flexibility for additional hours, evenings, and weekends with advanced notice will be expected and appreciated. The family looks forward to identifying a schedule that works well for everyone and exact hours may shift.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. Accommodations include a private bedroom and bathroom on a separate floor in the family’s home in San Francisco and when staying with family in Sonoma. The candidate may transition to a separate carriage house on the family’s property when the unit is completed. The family is open to transitioning the role to live-out post-COVID if desired by the candidate.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35+/hour DOE. Benefits such as a healthcare stipend, PTO, sick days, opportunities for continuing education, and relocation assistance to be offered depending on candidate need.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving ability is preferred for this role, and a vehicle will be provided while on duty if deemed necessary. Use of the home gym in San Francisco is available. In the Sonoma rental, the nanny would be welcome to enjoy the pool and sauna, as well as lemons from the lemon tree.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the baby to grow and thrive
- Provide an environment that nurtures self-sufficiency, a love for learning, and independence as baby grows
- Plan enriching, developmentally-minded activities beyond basic care
- Proactively research developmental approaches and activities and collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Assist with various household tasks such as child-related cleaning and meal prep, grocery shopping, and organizing (if passionate about cooking, willingness to provide family-wide meal prep is a huge plus but not required!)
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time child care experience
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field preferred though not required
- Recent, applicable experience working with infants and toddlers and familiarity with developmental milestones
- Familiarity or formal training in progressive learning approaches such as Montessori, Waldorf, and/or RIE
- Step in and step out intuition
- A sense of curiosity and love for learning
- Bilingualism or knowledge of Spanish, Hindi, Mandarin, and/or Hebrew is not required but a huge plus!
- Ability and willingness to participate in the family’s COVID safety protocols, including becoming vaccinated as soon as it becomes available (if not already)
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!