A collaborative, joyful family based in Irvington, NY is seeking an intuitive, positive, and proactive nanny to be a loving set of extra hands for their home and four children!
Based in a lovely area of Westchester County, just a stone’s throw away from New York City, this bustling family has struck a perfect balance between fun and structure in their home. With a 9-year-old, 6-year-old twins, and a 3-year-old, they have a true it-takes-a-village mentality and value making their caregivers feel appreciated and supported; viewing the caregiver’s role as a collaboration where everyone participates to keep the train rolling with love and joy. Communication is a key element in this home! All of the children are bright and active with individual personalities. Their home is full of love and laughter and brimming with activity, from music to crafts to softball games and more. Their parents place an emphasis on getting their children’s minds stimulated (including limiting screen time) and providing respectful and positive reinforcement, and lovingly-set boundaries. The family as a whole loves to travel when possible to destinations including Nantucket, Connecticut, and Florida! They are eager to find a nanny who they can take initiative and balance the children’s day-to-day needs to ensure the home runs smoothly and the children are thriving.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is proactive, creative, and able to help the children stay active in a positively motivating way. The whole family works together to ensure everyone–from children to caregivers to parents–are supported, able to thrive in a lively setting. The ideal nanny will bring a calm, tranquil approach to the bustling schedule while leaving plenty of room for laughter and fun. A nanny who is just as happy tossing the softball, working on a craft project, or managing after school pick-ups and drop-offs as they are partnering with mom to make the household run smoothly will thrive in this role. Household support will focus mainly on child-related tasks such as children’s laundry, tidying, meal prep, and closet organization – while encouraging the children to join! A step in and step out intuition will be appreciated to ensure mom and dad have ample family and/or alone time, while both parents value providing their caregiver with a balance of support and autonomy. Flexibility, excitement to travel, and dog friendliness is also key!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours/week with the general scheduling falling on Mondays through Fridays from 1pm to 9pm. Flexibility to adjust to varying schedules, provide evening coverage, and to travel will be important.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in or live-out depending on candidate preference. If live-in, accommodations include a private and separate above-garage bedroom and bathroom. The candidate also has the option to either live-in full-time, or live-in during on days and live-out during off days.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-$35+/hour depending on experience in addition to benefits including a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty, as well as for personal use if needed.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Be a positive role model and motivate the children to participate in household tasks
- Implement and engage in fun-filled activities and adventures, with an emphasis on limiting screen time and getting outdoors
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Partner with mom to support the daily routines and ensure the home runs smoothly
- Child-related household tasks including closet organization, errands, calendar management, transportation, and more
- Bring a calm, collected atmosphere to the family’s busy routine
- Prepare healthy meals for the children; a love for cooking is appreciated!
- Travel with the family throughout the year as needed
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for toddlers and elementary-aged children
- Energetic and excited to engage in outdoor and indoor activities, from arts and crafts to softball
- Comfortable working with multiple children in a role
- Pitch-in, all-hands-on-deck spirit to jump in where needed; intuition is key!
- Collaborative and excited to partner with a hands-on, dedicated mom to tag team the day
- Flexible and able to adjust to changes in schedule and to travel with the family as needed
- Willingness to adhere to the family’s COVID safety precautions.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!