A warm and communicative family based in Burlingame, CA is seeking a creative, joyful, and collaborative temporary nanny to join them for a 7-month contract!
This friendly family’s current Adventure Nanny is heading on maternity leave, and they are excited to find a temporary nanny to support them in 2022! Their 6-year-old and 2-year-old children are sweet and loving and joy to interact with; they love being around people who are calm, creative, and love to play games and have a good laugh with them. The family loves to travel when possible, especially to visit relatives and friends near and far, and will invite their nanny along if time allows during this transition time! They also deeply value spending time together in the kitchen and place an emphasis on sitting around the dinner table together each night. The family is excited to find a nanny who can join their family team and be a supportive, caring hand in their home and for their children!
This position is ideal for a nanny with a collaborative spirit, who will be excited to tag-team the day with the children’s hands-on, dedicated mom who works from home. While with the children, creating engaging, developmentally-minded activities and fostering an environment of fun and learning once they return from school will be at the heart of this role. A candidate who enjoys pitching in with family assisting tasks during school hours and when mom and dad would like to spend quality time with their children will feel right at home in this role. The family will also be preparing to move to India for a year after this contract, so assisting with the transition will be appreciated! The children thrive on consistent schedules, so a candidate who enjoys assisting with and nurturing daily routines, coordinating and participating in engaging activities, and assisting with responsibilities such as keeping play areas tidy and light meal prep will be deeply valued.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 10am-6pm. The family would love to find a candidate who is open to working a date night or weekend day on occasion and with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is happy to acquire private and separate accommodations near to their home for the duration of the contract for the right relocation applicant.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $40+/hour or $1,600-$2,100/week based on the 40-50 hour schedule. Additional benefits like PTO/sick days and a healthcare stipend to be based on candidate need.
- Contract Dates: February 1st, 2022 through August 31st, 2022.
- Create a calming, nurturing, and engaging environment for the children
- Collaborate with the parents on schedules and routines
- Be a supportive extra set of hands
- Assist with light tidying and family assisting tasks around the home and light meal prep as needed
- Maintain open communication with the parents throughout the week
- Plan creative and educational age-appropriate activities and outings
- Provide occasional weekend and date night support as needed with advanced notice
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Recent, applicable experience caring for early elementary and toddler age ranges
- Confident working with multiple children in a role
- Travel experience and fully staffed home experience a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented approach
- Positive, kindhearted, and proactive personality
- Team player with a collaborative spirit
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!