An on-the-go, energetic family of five based in downtown Manhattan is seeking a fun-filled, engaging and sharp nanny to keep up with their three children who are all under 11 years of age. These smart and creative dual-working parents embrace an active household, and a nanny who dislikes boredom will blossom in this role!
Some mornings may find you assisting the children in getting ready for school and spending the middle of your day either enjoying the city on your own or assisting with organizational projects around the home and researching or organizing educational projects and activities for the kids. Afternoons will consist of picking the children up from school and accompanying them to various after-school activities or perhaps planning an afternoon at one of the many museums or other activities in the family’s neighborhood before dinnertime.
Flexibility is key for this position, as this busy family travels frequently and will often request schedule changes or last-minute coverage! Someone who is able to gracefully roll with schedule updates and changes of plans will excel in this household. In addition, the family values someone who considers themselves to be proactive, able to learn quickly, and someone who exudes joy and can walk the balance beam between playful and professional. They value longevity and are hopeful to find a nanny who shares their joie de vivre to thrive in their fast-paced household and be a positive and enthusiastic role model to their children for years to come!
The general schedule for this position will be 40+ hours weekly, with hours generally occurring between 7am and 7pm Monday through Thursday. Hours and schedules change frequently around the family’s needs, and they are hopeful for a candidate who is adaptable and excited about jumping in! The family is offering $35+ per hour, healthcare benefits, PTO, sick days, and a MetroCard. The start date is as soon as they find the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who live within a commutable distance of downtown Manhattan, are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid passport. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Interact confidently and creatively with active and curious children
- Supervise children’s activities at all times – engage with and be present physically and mentally
- Be a positive role model and encourage good manners and helping around the house
- Assist with planning and engaging the children in creative, enriching, and educational outings and at-home activities
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the house
- Provide age-appropriate educational and developmentally appropriate activities and opportunities for older children, including assistance with homework and reading support
- Communicate and collaborate with parents and rest of household staff as part of the team
- A valid US passport
- Flexibility and a calm attitude as schedules change frequently!
- Experience working with household staff teams
- A creative mindset and excitement to bring unique skills into the home
- Experience working with older children
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment, ownership, and teamwork in their role
- Ability and willingness to assist with common household tasks and errands