A laid-back, down-to-earth family based in the Seattle area is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and team-oriented nanny to join their family of four!
Based in Kirkland, WA, a stone’s throw away from Seattle on the other side of Lake Washington, this family, along with their two young boys and three small dogs, live life on-the-go! At 2-years-old and almost 5-years-old, the family describes their boys as being active, sweet, fun, and creative. Their almost-5-year old will be attending Pre-K half-days this year, so the role will focus mostly on their 2-year-old and supporting after school activities alongside mom. Both parents are regularly home during the day attending to work and other priorities, and have enjoyed partnering with caregivers to ensure their children, household, and team are thriving. They describe themselves as open-minded and progressive, striving to raise their children to be tolerant, kind, and positive members of the community. They are seeking an energetic, loving, and intuitive candidate who is passionate about instilling these values in their children to be an asset to their family team!
This position is ideal for a candidate who loves to create an engaging and educational environment for young children, doing everything from arts and crafts to going for a swim or finding educational activities and outings within the community. A candidate who is enthusiastic, nurturing, and is excited to seek out new adventures will love being a part of this family’s team! The candidate should have proven experience with the toddler and early elementary stages including familiarity with the associated developmental milestones. A collaborative spirit and excitement to partner with mom to tag-team the day as needed will be important. While this is a childcare-focused role for the next 12-to-16 months, the family is excited to welcome a candidate with a pitch-in mentality, organizational can-do, and tech-savviness who would be interested in growing into a family assistant/household manager-type role in the years ahead!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45-50+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Thursday (or Friday pending candidate preference) from 9:00am to 7:00pm. Flexibility to support occasional date nights, travel, or provide overnight care will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is happy to consider offering short-term housing and/or a housing stipend for the perfect applicant.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35-40+/hour in addition to benefits including PTO, sick days, a healthcare stipend, and relocation assistance.
- Start Date: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Interact educationally and creatively with active and curious children
- Transport children to and from school and activities
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones. Big plus for things that engage body and mind!
- Cook and prepare basic, healthy, kid-friendly meals using a variety of fruits and vegetables when possible
- Occasionally/frequently travel with the family on international and domestic trips
- Collaborate with parents and household manager to jump in to support the household as needed
- Light pet care as needed
- Be a warm, nurturing, and engaging addition to their family
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for toddlers through early elementary-aged children with a strong foundation of developmental milestones
- Ability to be engaged and proactive when it comes to researching and implementing activities
- Excellent swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water, including swimming pools, lakes, rivers, and oceans, with knowledge of water safety
- Desire to commit long-term
- Engaging and active with a true passion for caring for children
- Dog friendly!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are able to swim. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!