A friendly, joyful family that splits their time between the beautiful town of Eden, Utah and Miami, FL is seeking a loving, energetic, and devoted nanny/family assistant to care for their 2-year-old boy and support their household!
This adventurous, active family spends the summer and fall at their Eden, Utah residence, in a beautiful town on the border of Idaho and Wyoming with ski slopes and multitudes of gorgeous hikes. As winter approaches, they head back to Miami, Florida where they appreciate day after day of 80 degrees and sunny weather as well as a short walk to the beach. They love to travel as a family and look forward to adventuring again once it’s safe to do so. Their bright and spirited toddler enjoys exploring and engaging with those around him! The family is passionate about providing their son with healthy, organic meals made from locally sourced food. Both parents work from home, are very inclusive, and are eager to find a nanny/family assistant to work collaboratively with them.
This position is ideal for a candidate who thrives in a work environment where they can feel like an integral piece of the family and household. The family would love to work with a candidate who is knowledgeable about developmental stages and milestones and excited to implement indoor and outdoor adventures for their toddler. These hands-on parents relish their time with their son and are seeking a nanny/family assistant who is also eager to jump in with both feet and assist with family and household support. Various responsibilities include managing online orders such as Instacart, assisting with light meal prep (ie boiling string beans, starting the rice, etc.), child’s laundry, light household tidying and organization, and online research. Tech-savvy skills will be important to manage calendars and household support apps. The family places value on providing autonomy for their nanny/family assistant, while also being welcoming and inclusive. They want everyone who lives in their home to have time to restore, get good sleep, eat healthy food, and enjoy the beautiful landscape!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week. The general schedule is 5 days weekly from 7am to 7pm, with a midday break provided, and 2 consecutive days off. The family is flexible and happy to collaborate on a schedule that works best for all parties.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. Accommodations in Utah include a private level in the family’s home, with a bedroom, bathroom, open area, and an incredible view!
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30+/hour in addition to relocation assistance, healthcare stipend, and PTO.
- Start Date: As soon as the family finds the perfect fit! They are hoping for a start date by May 1st.
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for use both while on and off duty.
- Collaborate with parents to create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones; be a helpful resource and guide for the child’s growth and development
- Assist with daily routines, household support, and general projects/online research
- Assist with healthy meal planning and preparation
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home
- Travel with the family as it is safe to do so
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Passionate about childcare and supporting the family as a whole
- Skilled organizer with the ability to multitask and help the household run smoothly
- Energetic and toddler-savvy with knowledge of developmental milestones
- Desire for longevity preferred (family is open to 1-year commitment for the right candidate)
- Flexible and able to travel with the family when safe to do so
- Willing to mirror the family’s COVID safety protocols and become vaccinated when eligible
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!