A loving, engaging, and fun family based in the Bay Area’s Redwood City is seeking a Spanish-speaking, travel-ready, and multi-talented nanny/family assistant to join them in caring for their 3 and 9-year-old children!
This California-based mom loves to travel with her bright and curious children, from skiing in the mountains to extended stays in southern Spain to camping and hiking in the Redwoods. The whole family speaks Spanish fluently in their home and travel often to spend time with their extended family in Spain where they visit multiple times per year. They are excited to find a candidate who can speak Spanish exclusively with the children and who is a wonderful addition to the collaborative, enriching environment in their home. A candidate who is excited to support the home as a whole from healthy cooking and meal preparation, to various family assisting tasks will also appreciated!
The ideal candidate for this role will be multi-talented, experienced, self-starting, and ready to become a part of this single mom’s team. Native fluency in Spanish is key as well as a candidate who has a proven ability to engage in educational, child-led play, encourage the children’s creativity, and be a grounded, flexible, and patient addition to this home will be welcomed into this family long-term. Their youngest has a severe peanut allergy so paying attention to detail and being trained in food allergy preparedness and how to use an EpiPen, or a willingness to learn is of paramount importance for this candidate. This family will be excited about a candidate who has a love for cooking and would be interested in sharing mealtimes together when working! The family employs housekeepers and a candidate who is happy to pitch into an overall tidy and organized environment will be appreciated. Mom works from home occasionally and has the ability to offer flexibility around scheduling for the right person.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40+ hours/week with hours generally falling on Mondays through Fridays from 11:15am to 7:15pm. Flexibility to provide occasional evening and weekend coverage, as well as to travel with the family, will be appreciated. The family is offering $35+/hr and are happy to discuss additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, sick days, and relocation assistance. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are fluent in Spanish. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for and engage curious 3 and 9-year-old children
- Child-care duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, napping, driving to activities,and morning and evening routines
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Household management tasks to include: managing schedules, children’s laundry, general picking up around the house as it pertains to the children, running errands, event planning, ordering supplies, and packing for children in preparation for trips
- Flexibility to travel with the family both domestically abroad and a general excitement about these opportunities
- Collaborate with mom, checking in on developmental milestones
- Cook and prepare basic meals, a focus on healthy balanced diet and introducing new foods is key!
- Create a warm and safe environment for children to grow and thrive
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and a clean driving record
- Minimum of 3 years full-time professional childcare experience in the toddler and elementary stages
- Bright, grounded, warm, nurturing, calm, flexible and professional demeanor
- Fluent in Spanish, written, oral, and verbal comprehension with a willingness to speak to the children only in Spanish
- A passion for cooking healthy balanced meals a big plus!
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and teamwork in their role
- Comfortable overseeing a severe peanut allergy and utilizing an EpiPen if necessary (the family is happy to train on this piece)
- Experience with preschool or early childhood education a big plus!
- Comfortable swimming and caring for children in and around water
- Dedication to maintaining an active, mindful, and healthy lifestyle!
- Flexibility to travel with the family multiple times per year
By sharing your information with Adventure Nannies, you actively consent to the terms of our updated policy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.