A warm, close-knit family based in Indianapolis, IN is seeking a kind-hearted, experienced, and collaborative lead rotational nanny to join their loving household team!
This single dad and his compassionate household staff have established a team-effort approach in their home wherein the family dynamic extends across the entire team. After a recent life transition, his three children, aged 13, 8, and 7 years old have adjusted well to the support staff and routines that have been lovingly tailored to fit their home. As a large, welcoming family, his older children still visit on occasional weekends. Dad is passionate about being involved in his children’s day to day routines, and his household staff includes a 2nd rotational nanny, estate manager, chef, and family support liaison, all of whom pitch in wherever is necessary to ensure the home runs smoothly. They deeply value longevity are eager to find a lead nanny who can work side-by-side along dad, their second nanny, and the rest of the team to contribute to and bolster the collaborative, supportive home environment that the children are currently thriving in!
The ideal candidate for this position will have vast experience and a passion for working in childcare, excited to work within a communicative, joint-effort household, and will thrive in a hands-on role as an integral piece of the family dynamic. A background in social work or training in crisis or trauma management will be a huge plus as the children continue to adjust to their new home environment. A candidate who can be proactive and think ahead to ensure the children’s needs are met will be highly valued, such as schedule management, closet organization, event planning, and more. Working together and jumping in to provide support wherever needed will be a key element of this role! The family travels occasionally throughout the year and hopes their nanny will join them.
This is a rotational position as a lead nanny providing full 24-hour coverage, alternating between a 3 days on, 4 days off and 4 days on, 3 days off schedule: Wednesday through Saturday AM, then Wednesday through Sunday AM. The position will be live-in during on days and live-out during off days. Accommodations while live-in include a shared nanny suite with a large bedroom, full bath and kitchenette. The family is offering an annualized earning package in the $90+k/year range as well as a generous benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k contributions, PTO, and sick days. Additionally, they are open to discussing offering off-duty housing for the first 6 months of employment for the perfect relocation candidate. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Collaborate with dad, their second nanny, and the household staff to ensure consistent continuation of care
- Be proactive and think ahead to ensure the children’s needs are met
- Provide light homework assistance when necessary
- Child-related household duties including schedule management, closet management, laundry, event planning, errands, and preparation of snacks and meals when the chef is not present
- Be a collaborative team player and work in a joint-effort with the rest of the staff to ensure the home runs smoothly
- Travel with the family on occasion
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A dedicated background and at least 3 years of experience working in private homes as a nanny
- A background in crisis or trauma management training and/or social work will be a big plus
- Experience traveling with families, as a live-in nanny, and/or in fully staffed homes will be a big plus
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills – a true team player!