A busy, warmhearted family in Silicon Valley is seeking a knowledgeable, kind, open-minded, and adaptable nanny/doula/newborn care specialist to care for their newborn expected in June! They are excited to find the perfect candidate to join them in welcoming the newest member of their family for a 6 to 12-month contract depending on candidate availability.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US who possess a valid driver’s license and passport and have experience as either an overnight nanny, doula, or newborn care specialist. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Monitor resting hours by watching and listening to the baby monitor and responding to the child as appropriate
- Support developing a feeding and sleeping routine for a newborn baby and mother
- Assist with feeding and after feeding routine
- Change diapers and facilitate maintenance of supplies
- Ensure proper safety and comfort for baby through the night
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- CPR certified and infant CPR class completed
- Experience as an overnight nanny, doula, or newborn care specialist
- An in-depth knowledge of infant care and health
- A friendly, reliable, warm, collaborative mindset
- Fluency in Spanish would be preferred, but not a prerequisite!
- Willingness to partner with mom in developing their nighttime routines
- Utmost respect for discretion and confidentiality