A busy, warmhearted family in Silicon Valley is seeking a knowledgeable, kind, open-minded, and adaptable night nanny/doula/newborn care specialist to care for their newborn through the night. They are excited to find the perfect candidate to join them in welcoming the newest member of their family in June for a 4-month contract.
Though a bustling, full-staffed household, this family has created a home environment that is full of compassion and fun. Collaboration and an all-hands-on-deck spirit is highly valued when working alongside this warm family and their team. Though this is not their first child, the family thoroughly enjoys collaborating with their caregiving staff, and are excited to find the perfect candidate with a “step in” and “step out” intuition to uphold their values and contribute their own meaningful skills to their family culture.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a perfect balance between confidence and humility, able to both bring their skills and ideas to the table as well as have an open mind to work alongside the routine and preferences of the family; flexibility and adaptability to follow the routine as directed by mom will be key.
They hope to find a candidate who is friendly, warm, helpful and most of all reliable in taking on this important overnight shift for their baby. The nights will consist of spending the evening in the adjacent room, as mom will likely be co-sleeping with the baby, and waking both mother and child for feeding routines, as well as ensuring comfort for the baby through the night. Assisting with the morning routine before their daytime nanny arrives will also be appreciated in order to provide mom with some rest while the older children prepare for school. A candidate who can be both regimented and go-with-the-flow will fit in seamlessly in this role.
This is a full-time, live-out position with hours generally falling from 9 pm to 9 am on Mondays through Fridays. Flexibility to provide occasional overnight care through the weekends will also be appreciated. The family is offering $35 to $40/hour for this 4-month contract with the opportunity to extend for the right candidate. They are excited to find the perfect candidate to join their family as soon as their newborn comes home in June.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US who possess a valid driver’s license and passport and have experience as either an overnight nanny, doula, or newborn care specialist. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Monitor resting hours by watching and listening to the baby monitor and responding to the child as appropriate
- Support developing a feeding and sleeping routine for a newborn baby and mother
- Assist with feeding and after feeding routine
- Change diapers and facilitate maintenance of supplies
- Ensure proper safety and comfort for baby through the night
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- CPR certified and infant CPR class completed
- Experience as an overnight nanny, doula, or newborn care specialist
- An in-depth knowledge of infant care and health
- A friendly, reliable, warm, collaborative mindset
- Willingness to partner with mom in developing their nighttime routines
- Utmost respect for discretion and confidentiality