A friendly, joyful family that splits their time between the small, beautiful town of Eden, Utah and Miami, FL is seeking a loving, energetic, and devoted nanny/family assistant to care for their almost 2-year-old boy!
This adventurous, active family spends the summers and winters at their Eden, Utah residence, in a beautiful town on the border of Idaho and Wyoming with ski slopes and multitudes of gorgeous hikes. As the summer turns into fall, they are headed back to Miami, Florida where you can count on day after day of 80 degrees and sunny weather as well as a short walk to the beach. They love to travel as a family and look forward to adventuring again once it’s safe to do so. Their bright and spirited toddler enjoys engaging with those around him and can already say hundreds of words! Both parents work from home, are very inclusive, and are eager to find a candidate to work collaboratively with them and their current nanny, who is relocating at the end of the year.
This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a position where they can feel like an integral piece of the family and household. The family would love a candidate who is knowledgeable about developmental stages and milestones and excited to plan engaging weekly schedules for their toddler filled with indoor and outdoor fun. Their current nanny will share in the childcare responsibilities, so the new nanny/family assistant can support the household too! The family is passionate about providing their son with healthy, organic meals made from locally sourced food. They hope for a candidate who will enjoy cooking for him and also assisting with organizing the weekly meal plan, which will include a combination of InstaCart shopping, ordering from local restaurants and the meal delivery service, and light meal preparation. Additional family assistant duties include the child’s laundry, light household tidying, and organization, online research, etc. The family places an emphasis on providing autonomy for their nanny/family assistant, while also being welcoming and inclusive. They want everyone who lives in their home to have time to restore, get good sleep, eat healthy food, and enjoy the beautiful landscape!
This is a full-time, live-in position with 40 hours guaranteed per week, generally falling on Tuesday through Saturday, with Sunday and Monday off. The family and current nanny are open to considering alternative scheduling ideas, and additional hours are possible if desired. Accommodations will be provided, and while in Utah include a private level in the family’s home, with a bedroom, bathroom, open area, and an incredible view! The family is offering $30+/hour in addition to relocation assistance, healthcare stipend, and PTO. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for use both while on and off duty. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Collaborate with parents and current nanny to create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones; be a helpful resource and guide for the child’s growth and development
- Assist with daily routines, household support, and general projects/online research
- Manage weekly meal planning and prepare healthy meals for the child
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Passionate about childcare and supporting the family as a whole
- Skilled organizer with the ability to multitask and help the household run smoothly
- Energetic and toddler-savvy with knowledge of developmental milestones
- Interest in cooking and preparing healthy, organic meals for the child
- Desire for longevity preferred (family is open to 1-year commitment for the right candidate)
- Flexible and able to travel with the family when safe to do so