A creative and multicultural family of four based in San Francisco (Palo Alto) is seeking an organized, sweet, and fun-loving nanny to join their family and care for their 9-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy. While mom runs a music school for underprivileged youth and dad works in the tech industry, they are looking for the perfect someone to support their family and be a fantastic role model for their two bright and musical children.
This family places a big emphasis on learning and creativity in their home. Their children are both budding musicians, enjoy various sports, and have good circles of friends they like to play with after school. They attend a local public elementary school with a warm community feel. The family also highly values their Japanese and Korean heritage and would love to find someone who can support that exploration in their children. Japanese or Korean language skills will be a huge plus but not a requirement in this role! They are more importantly hoping for someone who is curious, openminded, and excited to explore other cultures along with their children.
The perfect candidate will be flexible, organized, creative, and have a positive spirit. A nanny who is excited to support the children in their growth and facilitate an educational and creatively enriching environment will thrive in this role. This may include assisting the children with their homework, researching enrichment materials along with their parents to further their education, and monitoring their music practices (someone who is musically inclined will fit in fabulously in this home!).
A background in education or experience tutoring will be a huge plus! Additionally, the family hopes to find someone who is excited to support the family unit as a whole. A candidate who is comfortable preparing fresh simple recipes, cleaning the kitchen after meals, assisting with laundry, tidying up play areas, and running occasional household errands will be greatly appreciated.
This is a part-time live-out position of 25 to 30 hours per week. The right candidate who brings their own skillsets to this position, such as family assisting, house managing, or administrative experience, will have opportunities to grow into a full-time asset for this family, and could support the mother as an executive assistant through her work in the music school! The typical schedule will land from 2 pm to 8 pm, Monday through Friday. The family is offering $25 to $30 an hour as well as three weeks’ vacation. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. The family is prioritizing local candidates at this time.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Assist children with homework as needed
- Research and present extra enrichment materials to the parents and implement with the children
- Monitor the children’s musical practices
- Assist with child-related housekeeping duties and pitch into the overall tidiness of the family environment
- Assist with family laundry and dry cleaning
- Run occasional errands as needed, including grocery shopping and car maintenance
- Tidying the kitchen after meals
- Preparing fresh and simple recipes
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience teaching or tutoring early elementary students a huge plus
- Musically inclined, including experience teaching music to children, is a huge bonus!
- Family assistant experience a plus
- Multiple language skills a plus
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Experience collaborating with parents
- Pitch-in, positive attitude